If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
UHealth's IT Department has an exciting opportunity for a Full-time Executive Director, IT Ancillary Applications. The Executive Director of Information Technology (Ancillary Applications) will be responsible for implementation, development, and support and management of UHealth's Ancillary Clinical Applications, including but not limited to PACS, Cardiovascular Information Systems (CVIS), Lab Information Systems and other departmental clinical applications. He/she will provide effective communication and direction in the deployment of Core Clinical Applications. The individual provides technical support to the applications and provides an analysis of system requirements and specifications. He/she provides the necessary experience and knowledge to ensure all aspects of the applications integrate with the other cross functional applications utilized by the organization. This position reports to the Chief Health Applications Officer and collaborates with other managers and directors. In this role, it is essential to maintain open lines of communication with Clinical/Operational leaders in the hospitals, clinics, and billing office to set proper expectations with all members in the business community. The ideal candidate is familiar with a variety of healthcare industry concepts, practices and procedures. He/She will rely on their extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, lead and direct the work of others and have a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Work with leadership for development of competitive strategic plans to achieve UMMSOM and the University of Miami Health Systems mission of excellence in medical care delivery, expanding medical knowledge through research and leading initiatives to provide quality health care to those who need it. The Executive Director IT Ancillary Applications will work with leadership on strategic issues facing the University of Miami Health System by determining and detailing potential feasibility and profitability of a project(s), growth and expansion opportunities, and other operational activities current and future.
- Work with leadership to implement effective strategies and tactics to improve patient experiences and outcomes related to satisfaction and quality.
- Focus on productivity management such as labor budget and productivity/process analyses and improvement, to include but not limited to clinical and hospital performance improvement with decision support and ongoing performance improvement support.
- Work with Leadership and Medical Finance to outline strategic technology requirements for major capital expenditures that are recommended in future fiscal years, determined through a strategic planning process.
- Work with Research to assimilate Clinical data captured though the Electronic Health Record into health data management strategies and translational research capabilities.
- Conduct feasibility studies related to implementation of new ancillary procedures, clinic studies, and hospital process from a cost and effectiveness standpoint to segment analyses performed from a clinical perspective.
- Responsible for Information Technology's support services, growth, metrics, human resource, and financial functions as they relate to the University of Miami and affiliated organizations.
- Responsible for keeping senior leadership informed of technology barriers, advancements, opportunities, and resource requirements to execute on strategic initiatives.
- Responsible for the development/maintenance of Information Technology strategic planning, workforce and resource allocation, while maintaining a forward looking vision and strategy.
- Recommend remediation plans and execute associated action and follow-on support plans independently.
- Responsible for the supervision, management and coordination activities for assigned enterprise-wide information technology projects as well as for ensuring an efficient and timely conclusion.
- Oversee the analysis of end user department workflow, data collection, report details, and other technical issues associated with software as they relate to system design and build decision.
- Oversee the build, test, and debug activities for the core clinical applications to ensure the system meets end user requirements.
- Review the coordination of software updates and changes.
- Principal business liaison between vendor and the Health System negotiating any contracts/SOW's prior to sending for approval.
- Responsible for attending applicable professional meetings, workshops, conferences, and seminars to keep abreast of technological market advancements.
- Maintain membership in applicable committees and supporting sub-groups.
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.
- Bachelor's Degree required in Health Care, IT or related field.
- Master's Degree preferred in IT or Medical related field.
- At least 5+ years of progressive management experience in healthcare application software implementation and support, preferably in an academic medical center setting.
- At least 5 year's experience in planning, budgeting, equipment acquisition, and project management.
- Experience in support or management PACS, CVIS and/or Lab information systems required.
- Solid understanding of clinical workflow in both inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Excellent Quantitative, analytical communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with the skills to manage multiple projects and deadlines, establish priorities, set objectives, and achieve stated goals.
- Strong managerial performance and developing professional staff.
- Ability to coordinate a detailed plan process involving management staff, Senior Leadership, and members of the Medical Staff.
- Demonstrate Proficient knowledge of Personal Computers, Project Management, flow charts and data bases preferred.
- Successful candidate must understand meeting the service needs of academic and administrative technology users in a medical and higher education environment.
- Excellent administrative skills and the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to ensure customer satisfaction with quality output.
- Technical understanding of network infrastructure systems, including both hardware and software.
- Experience should include managerial experience that demonstrates the ability to lead a team of professional, technical, and support staff; and proven organizational, interpersonal, and communications skills. Ability to reason logically and creatively; to learn and utilize new technologies; to clearly communicate ideas and recommendations; and, to write clear, and concise reports.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type: