Welcome to Vaco - an uncommon company with an empowered culture. At Vaco, we welcome talented malcontents seeking a collaborative environment where creative freedom rings.
If you are feeling trapped in your current J-O-B, we invite you to explore the career of a lifetime with us. Since 2002, we have grown to over $750 MM in annual revenue and more than 40 locations. And with no plans of slowing down anytime soon, we are seeking big thinkers to lead us into the future.
If you are looking for a conservative, bureaucratic corporation, Vaco may not be the place for you. If, however, you are a lifetime learner who thrives in a high growth, entrepreneurial environment, read on!
A Day in the Life
- Ranked the #1 Best Staffing Firm to Work for in North America by Staffing Industry Analysts (Category: 500+ Employees)
- An Inc. Magazine's fastest growing company in America every year since 2007.
Our CFO client just called. Her VP of Accounting just gave notice - she's taking early retirement to open a beach bar. Or maybe she needs an experienced treasury manager with a strong regulatory background. As an Executive Financial Recruiter, you will work in a multi-faceted role, recruiting top talent ("candidates") to fulfill open client job orders while establishing and developing client relationships with area finance and accounting leadership. Duties and Responsibilities
- Market services and candidates to fulfill talent needs in accounting, finance, tax, and/or audit.
- Source, screen, interview, and evaluate candidates for client opportunities.
- Consult hiring managers and serve as a client partner through the candidate selection process.
- Foster long-term relationships within the accounting and finance community.
- Develop strategies designed to qualify candidates through various tools or network.
- Negotiate salary based on position requirements.
- Meet with candidates in person, telephone, or video conference to assess qualifications.
'Best Place to Work' Perks
- Manage open job orders from intake to fulfillment.
- Collaborate with to fill open positions and cross-sell other lines of business.
- Achieve established sales and performance goals.
- The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
- Competitive base earnings with uncapped commission plan that surpasses industry standards.
- Annual, FIVE STAR vacations (we call it "Vatopia") for meeting top tier performance goals.
- Annual world class training where all Vacotians, as we like to call them, get together to meet, learn, and exchange ideas.
Generous PTO that increases with tenure.
- Technology packages that include smart phone coverage, up-to-date equipment, and top tier online resources.
Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k, pet insurance, life insurance, disability and more!
Duties and responsibilities are to be performed while observing the following Core Tenets:
Desired Competencies and Skills:
- A Team First Approach, aligning with the core tenets: Proud to Wear Jersey, Stay Team Focused, and Assume Positive Intent
- Self-Awareness, aligning with the core tenets Outlaws Welcome, Stay Coachable and Be Comfortable with Healthy Conflict
- Solutions Oriented, aligning with the core tenets Be Entrepreneurial, Be Electable, Fix the Problem Not the Blame
- Grit, aligning with the core tenets Work Hard, Stay Free and Play 'til the Whistle.
- Communication: Speaks in a clear, concise, and confident manner; listens attentively.
- Emotional Intelligence: Maintains a high level of self-awareness and the ability to appropriately identify, manage, and respond to the emotions of self and others; able to read others.
- Written Communication: Develops written communication that is clear, concise, grammatical, and engaging.
- Adaptability: Responds to changes, delays, or unexpected events in a positive manner; adapts working style to best fit a given situation.
- Leadership: Self-directed with an innate drive to succeed; accepts feedback with a desire for continuous improvement.
- Relationship Building: Builds, develops, and maintains strong relationships with others while building trust and connection.
- Social Intelligence: Able to understand and manage interpersonal relationships.
- Researching: Able to effectively search for, organize, and evaluate information.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. REMOTE OPPORTUNITY OR COLORADO-BASED OPENING? INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience. Minimum base salary for this position is XXXXX. The position is also eligible for uncapped commission earnings based upon achievement of performance objectives. Education/Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in audit, tax, and/or public accounting highly preferred.
- CPA, CFA, MBA or other professional designation a plus.
- Must have working knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Experience with Bullhorn preferred.
- Able to work with a sense of urgency and meet tight deadlines; Organized, detailed, and results driven.
< 10% -Occasional travel to annual conference or client sites
California residents may also access Vaco's HR Notice at Collection for California Applicants and Employees.
Vaco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race (including but not limited to traits historically associated with race such as hair texture and hair style), color, sex (includes pregnancy or related conditions), religion or creed, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, status as a veteran, union membership, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, political affiliation, or any other protected characteristics as required by federal, state or local law.