JAS is an international, non-asset-based supply chain services and solutions company. Our services include air and ocean freight forwarding, contract logistics, customs brokerage, distribution, inbound logistics, truckload brokerage and other supply chain management services, including consulting, the coordination of purchase orders and customized management services.
Manage and oversee the export department to ensure the movement of freight out of the country, in accordance with organizational policy and procedure, and to comply with relevant local, country and international law and process.
- Manage and develop efficient and effective flow of work to attain optimum efficiency and productivity of department
- Identify the existence and cause of problems and solutions to correct
- Utilize reports to quantify and prioritize workload
- Manage communication with export related authorities, customer and suppliers in all relevant countries as necessary to ensure efficient, positive and lawful relations, support and activities
- Initiates, promotes, supports and implements change in order to increase organizational effectiveness
- Ensure staff have the training and resources necessary to perform their jobs
- Manages, oversees, and performs supervisory tasks to direct and control activities performed to effectively manage the end to end Air Freight Export processes
- Serves as the escalation contact for customer's Air Freight Export shipments; responsible for the financial aspects and results; sets, communicates, and drives KPIs to ensure customer satisfaction
- Supervises staff; responsible for hiring, coaching, training, and developing subordinate staff. Assigns work, sets completion dates, reviews work, and manages performance in accordance with organizational policies, procedures, and performance management processes
- Represent the company as appropriate in its relationships with major customers, suppliers, competitors, commercial etc.
- Conduct performance evaluations for export department staff
- Recommend hiring, firing and promotion
- Identify and resolve personnel issues
- Create an environment that encourages others to develop professionally
- Make sure employees are in compliance with organization policy, procedures and performance programs
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- •Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office suite (desirable)
- Detail oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, able to work in a team and independently
- Understanding of regulatory compliance with export rules and regulations
- Minimum 5 years relevant Export and freight forwarding experience
- Minimum 3-5 years supervisory experience
- Master Degree in freight forwarding (desirable)
- Knowledge of procedures for international and domestic freight, trucking and warehouse services
100% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions. Travel will be (up to 10%) required in support of the position's responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands and finger to feel and handle; reach with arms and hands; talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, and crouch; lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.ADDITIONAL:
The responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company's business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
DEFINITIONS: (if any abbreviation, the meaning needs to be inserted)Management retains discretion to add or change duties of this position at any time.
JAS Forwarding (USA), Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
JAS USA IS A CUSTOMS BROKER, GOVERNED BY FEDERAL REGULATION. FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROVIDE THAT JAS MAY HAVE IT BROKERAGE LICENSE SUSPENDED OR REVOKED IF IT "KNOWINGLY EMPLOYED, OR CONTINUES TO EMPLOY, ANY PERSON WHO HAS BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY, WITHOUT WRITTEN APPROVAL OF THAT EMPLOYMENT FROM THE ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER." JAS WILL PERFORM A BACKGROUND CHECK TO DETERMINE IF YOU HAVE BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY AND IF SO, ABSENT SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES, YOU WILL NOT BE HIRED OR WILL BE TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY.