When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
As part of our global team, what you do contributes directly to our mission; enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
- High School diploma/GED required
- 5 - 10 years relevant hands on working experience in the maintenance field
- Knowledge and hands on experience with HVAC, mechanical, electrical and control systems.
- Utilization of the Computerized Maintenance Management System to initiate, track and complete work requests.
- Utilization of the Building Automation System to monitor/control equipment and processes to ensure effective site operations.
- Knowledge of and experience with all construction and repair materials, techniques, and protocols.
- Knowledge of the HVAC and refrigeration tools, materials and test equipment.
- Knowledge of repair, maintenance and installation techniques.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word Outlook and Excel
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Skill in reading and understanding schematics.
- Valid PA driver's license required for traveling between multiple sites.
- Associates degree or technical training program and/or 5 -7 years of progressively responsible equipment installation, building maintenance and repair experience.
- Experience in an pharmaceutical and/or packaging setting with cGMP knowledge
- Maintains facility systems in a rotating shift to cover 24/7 plant operations and ensure that maintenance is up to date and properly documented. Facility systems include but are not limited to Building Automation Systems (Siemens Apogee), all air handling systems, exhaust systems, reaching and walk-in specialty DX refrigeration systems, chilled water systems (chillers, pumps, cooling towers), boiler systems (feedwater, steam/condensate and water treatment, pumps), hot water systems (heating and domestic), air compressors, gas/diesel generators, dehumidification systems, fire alarm and sprinkler systems.
- Routinely observes facilities (Rounds and Readings) to detect malfunctions and ensure safe and effective operation according to the manufacturers specifications and SOPs. Verify and document. Report and maintain equipment/system logbooks.
- Diagnose causes of non-compliant systems operation and complete repairs/adjustments to return systems to original operating specification with explanation of cause, effect and repair of systems as returned to normal.
- Performs repairs and maintains refrigeration, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment according to manufacturer specifications and supplemental diagrams or instructions.
- Performs preventive maintenance or oversees maintenance performed by outside contractors on facilities systems.
- Participates and completes required training sessions for facilities operations, standard operating procedures, regulatory site procedures, quality, safety, etc.
- Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner
- Must have skills associated with the following:
HVAC, Mechanical and Refrigeration for medium and low temperature DX systems, including brazing and soldering of piping. Plumbing for sinks and drainage fixtures and repair Electrical wiring - including outlets (120 volt), lamp ballasts (277 and 120 volt) and misc. 120 volt wiring systems, installation of all types of data cable and low voltage cables.
Physical job requirements:
- Climbing ladders Working at heights up to 40 feet on platform or lift.
- Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds, bend, squat, crawl, reach above shoulder level, climb.
- Must be able to use right and left hand for repetitive action: Simple grasping, pushing and pulling, fine manipulation.
- Must be able to work in all outside conditions, exposure to heat/cold, snow, ice, wet weather, dust, dampness, height, moving machinery.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com