The Facility Assistant is a part of the Data Center Portfolio Operations Team. The Facility Assistant shall provide leadership and management for day-to-day operations of a large scale Data Center electrical/mechanical plant, while ensuring the highest levels of reliability and availability are maintained.
What you'll do
What you'll need
- Assist with minor facility modifications
- Assist as a security monitor (includes looking for security violations and at times escorting contractors to secured areas)
- Assist with shipping/receiving and general loading dock activities and operations
- Perform daily walk through of facility and maintain facility logs in compliance with walk through observations
- Assist Managers with obtaining facility related price quotations and bid proposals
- Assist with scheduling repairs and preventative maintenance of general facility equipment and grounds, including but not limited to landscaping, irrigations systems, elevators and lifts, dock levelers, pest control and trash removal
- Assist with cleaning and general maintenance of the facility
- Perform general maintenance tasks. Typical tasks include light carpentry, light landscaping, changing light bulbs, crating and uncrating equipment, painting, door hardware and adjustments. Be able to utilize all standard hand tools
- Assist the Infrastructure Managers with the maintenance of HVAC systems, electrical systems, fire extinguishers and other facility equipment
- Maintain work areas in a neat and safe manner
- Organize and file facility documents
A bit about us
- 2 years of facility management experience in a high reliability data center or similar environment preferred
- Background in carpentry and general building hardware maintenance (doors, locks, windows, flooring, etc.) preferred
- Expertise in Microsoft Office suite applications, Outlook, Word and Excel
- Rudimentary problem solving skills, technical and organizational expertise
- Actively solicits feedback to ensure all activities and deliverables meet expectations
- Basic carpentry skills
- Painting experience
- General mechanical skills
- Extended hours may be significant at times
- Strong written and verbal command of the English language
- Responsible attitude with strong work ethic; leading by example in attendance, attitude and technical work product
- Ability and willingness to respond to emails after hours in the event of an emergency
- Digital Realty cares about the health and safety of its workforce, customers, and vendors. Digital Realty encourages all new hires to be fully COVD-19 vaccinated by their start date. Employees who are not fully COVID-19 vaccinated will need to comply with our weekly COVID-19 testing requirements, subject to applicable workplace accommodation requirements.
Digital Realty supports the world's leading enterprises and service providers by delivering the full spectrum of data center, colocation and interconnection solutions. PlatformDIGITAL®, our global data center platform, gives customers a reliable foundation for scaling their digital business and efficiently managing data gravity challenges. The size and scale of our business puts us in a unique position to offer customers access to 290 facilities in 49 metros across 24 countries and six continents.A bit about our Digital team
Our Operations team keeps our customers' infrastructure running safely and securely. We get plenty of opportunities to take on a variety of tasks and develop our technical skills. From overseeing electrical power to cooling and fire suppression systems, our team plays a vital role in making sure everything in our data centers operates as it should.What we can offer you
Our rapidly evolving business sector offers the opportunity to be part of a courageous and passionate team who work together to understand and meet the changing needs of our global customers.
Join us and you'll be part of a supportive and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. As part of our team, you'll get to work with people from different business areas, challenge the way we do things and put your ideas into action. We'll also give you plenty of development opportunities so you can build a rewarding and successful career with us.
This is an exciting time to join our business so apply now and make your mark on our future.Notes:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled. All applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or Company policy.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.