Solution Sales Manager - Research Intelligence / Federal Government
Do you have experience selling to and working with the US Federal government? Do you understand research & funding workflow? Are you a natural problem solver who enjoys applying this skill in solutions-based selling?
If so, we're interested to speak to you.
About the Role
As a Solutions Sales Manager, you will build relationships with new customers to understand how our tools can support them. You will provide high-quality, connected data and analytics to help the US Federal Government facilitate an evidence-based approach to support research & funding processes. You will collaborate with our customers to support them in achieving their research excellence goals through our portfolio of innovative solutions. To learn more, please visit:
- Establishing and building new relationships with Federal Government agencies & Funding bodies to understand their needs and future opportunities for growth
- Achievement of new sales, including expansion sales (upsell), towards revenue growth targets of Research Intelligence portfolio in the federal government
- Create and execute on the Research Intelligence penetration plan and account solution portfolio plan & to work sales opportunities through from prospecting to successful closure
- Developing a thorough understanding of our competitor landscape to be able to successfully position our solutions against them
- Providing continuous feedback to product and marketing teams to help meet sales objectives and support enhancement and new development needs
- Collaborating successfully using a team-selling approach to ensure growth of the RI portfolio
Work in a way that works for you
- Have successful sales experience with a proven, consistent track record of exceeding targets through listening, problem solving and relationship building
- Show an understanding of Federal Government, Funding agencies, Research & Business environments
- Demonstrate experience in complex solution sales to C-suite using a value-based, consultative sales approach
- Have solid analytical skills and experience using sales intelligence tools and CRM data to make data-driven decisions throughout the sales process
- Demonstrate excellent written, verbal and presentation skills including communicating complex technical content to a range of audiences
- Be able to collaborate with teams in a global-matrix environment
- Proven experience in selling software solutions with IT background is a plus.
- Knowledge of national research programs, collaboration networks, and research administration a plus; knowledge of bibliometrics is helpful
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills; fluency
- Be able to travel frequently to meet with customers
- Have a natural ability to engage, influence and build relationships with customers, stakeholders, and teams across the business
- Demonstrate a "Growth mindset" to keep pace in this fast-changing world
- Sales prospecting and strong negotiation skills required
We promote a healthy work/life balance across the organization. With an average length of service of 9 years, we are confident that we offer an appealing working prospect for our people. With numerous wellbeing initiatives, shared parental leave and tuition assistance and training resources, we will help you meet your immediate responsibilities and your long-term goals.
Working with us
- Working remotely from home or any other location
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you work in the day
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to help you succeed. Here, you will find an inclusive, collaborative, innovative and fun environment, where everyone has a part to play. Regardless of the team you join, we promote a diverse environment with co-workers who are passionate about what they do, and how they do it.Working for you
At Elsevier, we know that your wellbeing and happiness are key to a long and successful career. These are some of the benefits we are delighted to offer:
- Competitive salary & commission
- Comprehensive, health / dental plan benefits
- Disability insurance
- Dependent Care
- Life and Accident Insurance
- Pension Plan
A global leader in information and analytics, we help researchers and healthcare professional's advance science and improve health outcomes for the benefit of society. Building on our publishing heritage, we combine quality information and vast data sets with analytics to support visionary science and research, health education and interactive learning, as well as exceptional healthcare and clinical practice. At Elsevier, your work contributes to the world's grand challenges and a more sustainable future. We harness innovative technologies to support science and healthcare to partner for a better world.Join Us
Are you ready to help us progress science and health? Our technology leads to innovation, so join a forward-thinking digital business that is tackling world-scale challenges and align your ambitions with our passion for driving global knowledge-sharing.The job you are applying for is subject to a COVID-19 vaccination requirement.
The successful candidate will be required to submit proof of vaccination showing their last dose of a COVID-19 2-dose vaccine or one dose of a single dose vaccine. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance you should speak to a recruiter about requesting an exemption/accommodation.
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.