Under the immediate direction of the Team Coordinator or Sr. Team Coordinator, the Equipment Operator is responsible for operating mobile equipment while moving raw materials from train to stockpile and loading finished products. Additional responsibilities include maintaining roadways and loading areas for designated business unit.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Operates various mobile equipment, including motor graders, track mobiles, and haul units
- Performs daily pre-shift inspections on equipment
- Performs preventative maintenance on service mobile equipment. Reports needed repairs to Coordinator
- Follows safety rules, regulations and procedures as set forth by the MSHA/OSHA & policies
- Provides relief in other plant operations such as rail unloading, maintenance, quality control, and scale house
- Demonstrates a positive, upbeat attitude and energy level toward teammates, peers, and customers
- Responsible for maintaining quality of all products
- Assist with equipment and plant repairs, maintenance and housekeeping as needed
- Other duties as requested by management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency preferred
- 3 - 5 years heavy equipment operating experience preferred
- Must be able to complete pre-shift inspection report
- Must be able to work irregular shifts and work days/nights and weekends as required
- Must be able to read, write and verbally communicate in the English language
- Must be able to perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percentages, read and interpret gauges and ratios and read a variety of manuals
- Must have base competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job including methods, materials, tools and operation of large power equipment used in grounds and maintenance work and health and safety regulations
- Must have the knowledge to perform technical tasks with the potential to upgrade skills to meet changing job conditions
- Ability to establish effective and diverse working relationships with other employees and general public.
- Ability to solve and identify problems, select action plans, and make independent moderate to significant interpretations concerning decisions of the job
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions and work independently with little direction
- Must have the ability to plan, organize and prepare accurate records and be a self-starter with ability to work with little or no supervision
- Must be able to wear a hard hat, safety glasses, steel-toed boots and hearing protection
- Must have the physical ability to climb stairs to a height of 100 ft. and work at this height
- Must have the physical ability to operate radio, CB radio, computer and other equipment as required
- Must be able to bend, stoop, climb and reach around all areas of equipment
- Lift up to 50 lb
- Must be able to walk across steep/rough terrain
- Must be able to sit and operate equipment for long periods up to 10+ hours per day
- Ability to use hand tools such as wrenches, screwdrivers, etc.
Will work in varied outdoor environments (in all weather conditions - heat, cold, wet, humid, dry and/or dusty conditions). Must be able to work in areas where noise levels are up to 90 dbs. The incumbent will be exposed to cement, clay, limestone, shale, and other raw materials and various chemicals, solvents and lubricant.
This job has expired.