About GMUSA Field Assignment, based out of a home office traveling within your assigned district to assist GM dealers. There are currently several open locations across the continental US - Northeast Region, South East Region, North Central Region, South Central Region, and Western Region.
There's never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
The General Motors Marketing, Sales and Service Group is seeking to identify highly motivated and qualified individuals for potential future opportunities as Field Service Engineers. In anticipation of these opportunities becoming available, if you are interested in learning more about GM, completing this profile will allow us to stay connected."Overview
GM Field Service Engineers (FSEs) provide on-site professional automotive, business and computer technical support to GM's retail and wholesale communities. FSEs have broad responsibilities including vehicle diagnostic and repair support, providing an avenue for escalated cases, product problem resolution and territory management support for GM. The primary FSE objective is to diagnose and direct repairs on customer vehicles and to reduce vehicle repurchases and warranty expense to GM. FSEs will also evaluate Dealership internal comeback processes, provide Dealership onsite service readiness feedback and support Techline applications at GM Dealerships.
- Provide third level, on-site support to resolve automotive technical and Techline issues as escalated through processes in place at the GM Technical Assistance Center and the FSE Dispatch Center. Respond promptly to dispatch cases for vehicle concerns that may lead to "vehicle down" or potential "repurchase" situations
- Maintain a close working relationship with GM District Managers-Aftersales (DM-A), the Regional CAM and BRSM to review vehicles in repurchase jeopardy and seek creative ways to avoid buy-back.
- Work closely with the GM Business Resource Center (BRC) to respond to customers in your area that have contacted Customer Assistance asking for a repurchase of their vehicle
- Utilize GM's analytic tools and supporting data to address high repurchase potential vehicles in your assigned area and assist dealers quickly when one of these high-risk vehicles shows up at a dealer in your area.
- Review dealer comeback process on every dealer contact to determine if it meets GM's requirements
- Help implement a comeback prevention process for each dealer that does not have a robust process in place. Work with the GM Regional team when help is needed to persuade dealers to implement changes.
- Review current Preliminary Information (PI) and Service bulletins for known vehicle concerns with Dealer service personnel
- Drive new PI's and bulletins by notifying TAC Escalation Team Agents (ETA) of authorized "field fix" information
- Conduct ad-hoc in-Dealership training sessions, which can include technical information, diagnostic techniques, the use of Techline tools and applications, as well as, other diagnostic tools and equipment when the dealer's deficiencies in these areas are causing ineffective repairs, comebacks and buybacks.
- Take ownership of Dealer concerns and use effective problem resolution skills
- Report on Dealership's "State of Health" relative to overall service readiness
- Assist the Dealer in Technician recruitment and retention by reviewing "Technician Pipeline" options with Dealer Service Management
Develop and maintain strong relationships with GM National and Regional Management responsible for Service Operations and Vehicle/Powertrain Brand Quality, including the GM Engineering community with a focus on product quality improvements and minimizing potential repurchases. Represent GM as the primary resource and spokesperson in the field for automotive technical and Techline product information
Work Location:USA Field Assignment, based out of a home office traveling within your assigned district to assist GM dealers. There are currently several open locations across the continental US.Additional Job DescriptionQualificationsRequired100% USA Geographic mobility is a requirement for this and all future moves in the field.
- Attend to requests from GM wholesale personnel including Regional Service management, Vehicle/Powertrain Brand Quality, and Engineering as processed through the TAC and FSE Dispatch Center escalation process.
- Provide feedback in the form of Field Product Reports (FPRs) to Vehicle/Powertrain Brand Quality Managers and GM Engineering
- Provide support for Better Business Bureau (BBB) arbitration hearings and legal cases, such as "lemon law" law suits, to protect GM interests
- Provide warranty waste reduction suggestions to FSE Leadership and the BQM Team
- Extensive hands-on Automotive Dealership Service Department or equivalent vehicle diagnostic and repair experience.
- Knowledge and experience with GM Essential Service tools
- State Automotive Technician Certifications as required by state/local law (if relocated certified in new State within one month).
- Possession of a valid driver's license and a clean driving record
- User of MS Office applications: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook (or equivalent e-mail/calendar app).
- Ability to manage, resolve, document, and close dispatched cases in the required timeframe.
- Ability to build and maintain customer relationships with Dealership management teams with focus on the Dealership Service department
- Ability to work with minimal direction and be responsible for self-training to maintain and increase skills
- Excellent communication skills and time management to successfully prioritize and deliver critical services. Self-motivated with a proactive approach to meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
- 5 or more years hands-on Automotive Dealership Service Department or equivalent vehicle diagnostic and repair experience.
- Vocational Degree, Technical Degree, Associates Degree or bachelor's degree
- Proficient user of Data Bus Diagnostic Tools (e.g., via TIS/GDS, NeoVi /V-Spy Intrepid Tools, Buffalo Tool, INCA Tool, etc.)
- Proficient user of Pico Scope
- Experience in customer handling, support, sales, administrative, computer or other business skills applicable to the specific needs of the FSE position
- Computer hardware set-up, internet and wireless communications experience
- Certified in the following Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Tests and recertification at the required intervals:
- A1-A9 plus Master Technician certification
- B2-B5, plus Master Technician certification
- T1-T8, plus Master Technician certification
- L1, L2 and L3
- Knowledge of GM Global Connect Service Applications
- Knowledge of GM Service Training College (GM STC) training web site and applications
- Extensive knowledge of GM vehicle control systems, including controller area networks, GM LAN, etc.
- Completion of GM Service Training requirements including achieving GM Master Technician in one or more GM STC Training paths.
- GM World Class Technician credentials
- Ability to create and provide specialized technical training
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.