Working with general supervision, the Financial Analyst provides financial reporting and analysis for the Director of Financial Analysis. This includes the production of recurring reports, tracking of key financial data and analysis of business strategies for the company. This position mines, analyzes, and reports data for a variety of business managers and executives. Also, this position identifies opportunities to analyze the business and pursues those opportunities. The Associate may interact with his or her supervisor several times a week to receive guidance and feedback. Many non-routine activities will require a supervisor's advance approval.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Perform cost/benefit analyses of business segments including the use of ROIC, IRR, and ROI valuations
- Conduct due diligence, financial modeling and other necessary analysis to support strategic opportunity analysis and execution
- Assist in strategic transaction planning and vetting, including gathering information from various sources and incorporate multiple views into thoughtful and well-reasoned recommendations
- Perform valuation analysis
- Strong collaboration skills that allow for effective project management across multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Prepare high quality presentations and reports for senior leaders
- Evaluate store performance using profit-and-loss statements; apply this information to answer questions about store openings and closings, and to identify opportunities for improvement in existing stores.
- Assist with the implementation & completion of the annual budgets. Work with various departments to incorporate information into the budget
- Evaluate promotions and strategic initiatives using a "pre-post net of control" methodology.
- Perform trend analysis and build models to analyze the business.
- Track new store planning and performance domestically through the use of pro-forma plans for new stores and identify opportunities to refine the new store planning process by improving the model over time.
- Prepare financial analysis and assess the financial implications of business decisions, including:
- Analysis of results of marketing promotions and advertising
- Analysis of compensation change, store growth change in product lineup and the impact to plan/forecast
- Operational analysis of volume and price data
Communication - Clearly conveys information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
Financial Acumen - Utilizes financial data to diagnose business strengths and weaknesses and identify the implications for potential strategies; keeps a financial perspective in the forefront when making strategic decisions.
Managing Work - Effectively manages one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
Operational Decision Making - Securing and comparing information from multiple sources to identify business issues; committing to an action after weighing alternative solutions against important decision criteria.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
- Bachelor's degree in an accredited Finance or Business program required; Master of Business Administration preferred
- At least 3 years of accounting or finance analysis experience required
- Experience with Hyperion and/or Cognos preferred
- Experience with accounting software preferred
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others; conducts working relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization
- Proficient ability to prepare compelling, high-impact presentations for senior organizational leaders, financiers, and other strategic and functional stakeholders and business partners
- Ability to work under demanding time constraints and production goals
- Possess the learning capacity to receive and apply cross-functional training; willingness to assist other functions and work groups as needed so the department achieves or exceeds its overall business objectives
- Proficient ability to manage emotionally-charged disagreements through consensus building, relationship management, and the formation and presentation of logical, data-based arguments
- Ability to effectively and accurately enter, retrieve, analyze, recognize discrepancies, organize, and report electronic financial data
- Ability to communicate effectively using written and verbal English with management and co-workers, including the ability to deliver presentations as needed to small groups within the organization
- Proficient project planning skills, including the ability to organize, prioritize and control job responsibilities in order to meet deadlines in an environment with overlapping and potentially conflicting priorities
- Proficient knowledge of business concepts and tools (financial statements, break-even, cost benchmarking, pricing, sensitivity analysis, NPV, ROI, etc.)
- Ability to assertively solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Demonstrated capacity for gathering and scrutinizing data to identify issues, opportunities, patterns, and sustainable business solutions
- Expert knowledge of Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficient knowledge of data management tools including Hyperion Enterprise.
- Proficient knowledge of technical modeling skills
- Ability to comprehend and adhere to all GameStop policies, including those related to scheduling and attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and honesty and ethical conduct