Under general supervision and according to established procedures, performs duties associated with interviewing patients and assisting them with making suitable arrangements to meet their financial obligations to Mercy Health Muskegon.
Position Summary: Under general supervision and according to established procedures, performs duties associated with interviewing patients and assisting them with making suitable arrangements to meet their financial obligations to Mercy Health Muskegon.
What the Financial Counselor will do:
What the Financial Counselor will need:
- Interview patients in person and over the telephone to obtain required financial information to determine appropriate arrangements and/or program eligibility.
- Verifies Medicare, Medicaid and other insurance information, and have in depth conversation with a patient regarding benefit levels and how they apply to services rendered.
- Provides assistance to patients with estimate request.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associates Degree preferred
- One year of hospital billing and/or collection experience required or 1 year of experience in hospital insurance verification with interpretation of medical benefits of multiple insurance plans and collection processes.
- Working knowledge and experience in the Medicaid application process.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to assertively establish patient financial arrangements and effectively provide education and financial counseling to patients and families in a courteous, diplomatic manner.
Shifts: 12:30pm - 9:00pm or 10:30pm - 7:00pm or 2:30pm-11:00pm - Weekend Rotation (Schedule flexibility based on team needs)Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
This job has expired.