Datasite is where deals are made. We provide the data rooms and SaaS technology used in M&A and other high-value transactions, to deliver projects in more than 170 countries. Carrying that success into the future is all about you. Your useful skills, your unusual experience, your unique ideas. Everyone here brings something unexpected. What's yours? Invest your talents in us, and we'll return the compliment.
Datasite is looking for an experienced Financial Systems Analyst, Principal to join our Workday team. If you are a Finance whiz and a technology enthusiast, this is very likely your dream job! The analyst will be part of a team that offers global financials solutions, operational support and opportunity to lead change throughout the company. Provide daily Workday Financials (FIN) system support, participate in project activity, product feature requests and drive the adoption of system enhancements. Work with Accounting, Procurement, Finance, Workday HRIS and other cross-functional internal stakeholders to understand business requirements, configure, test and implement Workday functionality to meet the organization's technology needs. Plan, implement and coordinate system upgrades, enhancements, integrations and maintenance.
You have a Finance or Accounting background, advanced technical skills and demonstrated ability to deliver Workday solutions that best meet business objectives. You are a team player and a life-long learner. You understand Datasite's business and our system landscape. You are comfortable owning business relationships, running meetings with project stakeholders. You understand Datasite's business, our system landscape, our functionalities and metadata structure. You understand dependencies, risks and cross-functional system impacts. You can lead change management, communication and training to drive adoption and roll-out new functionality to system users. You view the business as your customer and bring initiative, self-direction and meet deadlines while understanding when to escalate issues and risks.
- Support the following Workday Financials areas: Financial Accounting (General Ledger and Reporting), Suppliers, Procurement, Banking and Settlement, Business Assets, Customer Accounts, Customer Contracts, Business Assets, Budgets, Projects, Payroll general ledger and Workday Strategic Sourcing
- Meet/exceed customer (internal and external) expectations through proactive communication and business partnership
- Review stakeholder input critically and play a role in designing and recommending the best solutions for Datasite's overall objectives
- Adhere to change management, maintain data integrity and establish a well-controlled systems environment by defining, documenting and enforcing system standards
- Participate in regular review of Workday FIN, HCM and Adaptive Planning projects. Work with stakeholders to validate, sign-off and prioritize work to align with company priorities.
- Demonstrate accountability for solutions delivered and overall work quality. Understand technical systems infrastructure and company business processes and workflow.
- Create and test technical configuration including business process workflow, custom fields, custom validations, integrations and access rights. Develop custom reports and dashboards.
- Perform Workday administration including security maintenance, tenant management, master data management, data loads, integration monitoring / issue resolution and upgrades. Partner with Information Services team on Workday integrations.
- Identify process or system improvements that drive the most value
- Develop and maintain necessary end user training procedures, guidelines and standard operating policies (SOPs) and data/workflow diagrams
- Provide daily operational support, training and increase user engagement
- Provide incident management. Perform troubleshooting and resolve production issues timely.
- Continuously develop new technical knowledge and maintain Workday proficiency and certification
- Strong interpersonal skills, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Genuine intellectual curiosity for solving business problems and challenges unique to the M&A market with elegant efficient solutions
- Ambitious work ethic, go-getter mindset and passion to drive results
- Resourceful, independent self-starter with an aptitude for learning new technologies
- Demonstrated ability to analyze large / complex data sets, identify key trends / drivers and communicate conclusions in a clear and concise manner
- Well organized, detailed oriented and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong problem-solving skills, technical aptitude and business acumen
- Liaise with Workday Community and third-party Workday Support team to identify and implement best practices
- Adapt quickly to changing business and technology needs
- Global experience preferred to identify and resolve regional nuances needed compared to the standard template without over-complicating the end solution
- 5+ years Finance or Accounting experience desired. Finance acumen including GAAP knowledge, internal controls, revenue recognition (ASC 606) and financial reporting.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Information Technology or related field
- 4 - 6 years' experience configuring and administering SaaS ERP software
- 3+ years' Workday systems analyst experience
- Demonstrated experience designing, building and implementing strategies to enhance business performance and in application management (configuration, integration monitoring and security administration)
- Experience scoping and executing QA and UAT test cycles
- Experience in process improvement, workflow, benchmarking and / or evaluation of business processes (Six Sigma certification, internal audit experience a plus)
- Solid organizational skills, proven ability to prioritize and deliver quality results on time
- Experience in a regulated environment helpful such as GDPR, HIPAA, ITAR, PCI, FINRA, SOX
As a global organization, Datasite knows that diverse perspectives are essential to our success. We're committed to maintaining a diverse workforce to serve our customers around the world. Datasite is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and furthers the principles of EEO through Affirmative Action.