Job Title: Fire Extinguisher Technician
Who We Are:
Shambaugh & Son L.P., a wholly-owned indirect subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc., is a customer-driven, single-source, self-performing construction/engineering firm. We specialize in the Design-Build method of construction resulting in fast-track delivery of the project improvements to our customers. We are one of the largest specialty contractors in the U.S. and the only one with all eight M.E.P (Mechanical, Electrical, Process, Automation, Refrigeration, HVAC, Plumbing, and Fire Protection) design and installation capabilities in-house. We perform more than $800 million of construction projects per year with over 2,700 employees throughout 50 states from our home office in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Our success has been driven by our ability to attract and retain dedicated, knowledgeable and seasoned professionals to become part of the Shambaugh team, as we continue to build on our 90+ year Shambaugh success story.
At Shambaugh, we recognize people as our most important resource and it is our mission to produce the industry's highest level of quality services and productivity on every project in order to develop repeat customers, maximize return on investment, and provide professional growth opportunities for people in the organization.
This position is responsible for the inspection, testing, servicing, and/or the installation of portable fire extinguishers suppression systems, or other applicable fire safety equipment and systems in accordance with applicable fire codes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Experience working as a fire extinguisher technician.
- Familiar with NFPA codes and standards.
- Solicit new business for fire extinguisher and restaurant fire suppression inspections.
- Conduct inspections for established customers in a timely manner while maintaining high standard of quality work.
- Perform work in an efficient and organized matter.
- Maintain accurate and precise documentation daily.
- Be a self-motivator with little direct supervision required.
- Display professional appearance.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Professional communication with customers and ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Motivated to achieve a high standard of productivity.
- Other duties as assigned.
Shambaugh is deeply committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all its job applicants and employees. We seek to employ qualified persons in all job classifications and to administer all personnel actions affecting our employees without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, ancestry, or genetic information. Individuals with a disability, disabled and other protected veterans and any other characteristic protected by applicable law will be given the fullest consideration for employment in positions for which they are qualified. We also are committed to making reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with a disability as well as abiding by any and all state and local laws, which in addition to the above prohibit discrimination in any form.
- Proficient in the use of personal computers including such programs as MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, IOS and database (software) programs
- Have a working knowledge of test equipment including multi-meters, digital analyzers, frequency meters, decibel meters, and communicating devices
- Must have the ability to lift/move equipment and tools weighing up to 50 lbs. Perform work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working in ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Most work is performed indoors; some site work conditions are similar to typical construction projects
- Ability to work a full time schedule
- Overtime may be required for this position with short notice
- Available for travel, which may include nights and weekends to accommodate customer's schedule