HITT Commercial Services - Service Foreman
The HITT Commercial Service Foreman performs a variety of tasks involving some supervisory roles on HITT projects, drywall repair, light carpentry, painting, and physical labor at varying tenant improvement and base building constructions projects within the Washington, District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia area while always being focused on safety and quality. He/She is passionate about commercial construction and servicing client needs by performing daily service repairs and painting, has a strong work ethic and is proud, diligent, tireless, proactive and committed to producing quality results by the end of each day. Service Foremen must be flexible and available for both day and night work, overtime work, and able to perform occasional physical construction and service labor and paint related duties both inside or outside at varying heights (to include using fall protection and harnesses) in all kinds of weather or conditions.
This position will report directly to HITT's Commercial Services Project Management Team or onsite site operations leader and will be in daily contact with multiple subcontractors and HITT employees, and may potentially have daily or frequent contact with clients and their employees or clients. Onsite protocols will be adhered to and dictated by contract, client, building, and safety requirements.
A Service Foreman's requirements and responsibilities will be determined by the needs of the job each day and type of project being performed, but typically involves the repetitive use of one's hands, use of drywall, carpentry, and paint tools, bending, kneeling, walking, and standing for extended periods of time. This position may also operate a variety of hand and power tools. Duties, tasks, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice and exist outside of typical assignments.
- Supervision and management of trades and projects.
- Documentation of daily, weekly and necessary role related paperwork.
- Understands processes and trades involved in commercial construction and uses or advises the appropriate tools, material, and methods to perform tasks.
- Maintain good working relationships with all subcontractors on the project, developing relationships within the community which enhance business opportunities, and ensuring subcontractors are treated fairly.
- Performs a variety of tasks involving light carpentry, painting, wall repairs, demo work and other physical labor.
- Cleans and prepares jobsite before and after project completion: trash, rubble, waste and debris removal, vacuum, sweep, wipe down and mop.
- Maintains a clean job site: install protection and signage, pick up and organize tools and equipment and secure job site each day to eliminate potential safety hazards.
- Performs material handling and storage.
- Applies paint to surfaces to include wood, metal, walls, sidewalks, curbs, etc.
- Escorts and provides supervision for other trades, when required.
- Provides assistance to carpenters and other trades, as needed.
- Performs laborer or miscellaneous tasks, as needed.
- Attends all mandatory Safety and necessary training to perform this role.
Must demonstrate ability to:
- Communicate clearly, concisely, and professionally, with a strong focus on audience and appropriate business writing and verbal skills.
- Adapt and exercise flexibility with the ever-changing world of technology, design, means, and methods.
- Be proficient with electronic devices (smartphones, tablets, or other) to effectively communicate and document.
- Seek continuous improvement of knowledge and abilities, internal focus on self-improvement.
HITT Contracting, Inc. is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer providing opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ+ individuals are encouraged to apply.
HITT Contracting, Inc. promotes a drug-free workplace.