To perform the day-to-day activities of the Environmental Services Department in accordance with current, federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations governing our community and as may be directed by the Administrator and/or Director, to assure our community is maintained in a clean, safe and comfortable manner.
- Know, understand, incorporate, and demonstrate the Mission, Vision, Values and Guiding Behaviors of Trinity Health and Trinity Senior Living Communities in behaviors, practices, and decisions.
- Consistently demonstrate (leads by example) Sanctuary Values to all internal and external customers (residents, visitors, volunteers, and associates.) Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, propagating a calm environment throughout the community.
- Execute assignments in a culture that is shared and collaborative across all divisions within TSLC.
- Follow established safety precautions, including fire safety, when performing tasks, using equipment and supplies.
- Ensure assigned work areas are maintained in a clean, safe, comfortable, sanitary and attractive manner. Ensure established infection control and universal precautions practices are maintained when performing environmental services procedures.
- Ensure adequate supplies are available and maintained in order to perform daily tasks. Ensure equipment and supplies are cleaned and properly stored at the end of the shift.
- Report extinguished light bulbs, exit lights, overhead lights, fluorescent lights, room call lights, malfunctions, breakdowns, etc., to your supervisor/designee as soon as practical. Change and install light bulbs as needed.
- Clean and polish the community including windows and mirrors, walls and ceilings, furnishings, fixtures, ledges, room heating and cooling units and floors, to include sweeping, dusting, damp/wet mopping.
- Floor care including stripping, waxing, buffing, vacuuming, shampooing, deodorizing and disinfecting, etc., daily.
- May be required to paint and refinish the community and its furnishings and fixtures as assigned.
- Respect resident rights, including maintaining the confidentiality of all resident care information, knocking before entering a resident's room, honoring the residents' personal and property rights, informing the resident when it is necessary to move his/her personal possessions during cleaning procedures and reporting complaints of missing property to your Director.
- Complete deep thorough clean of entire room as needed including prior to admission or after discharge,
- Attend and participate in scheduled training, in-service training, mandatory annual in-service training and educational classes as required/needed.
- Report occupational exposures to blood, body fluids, infectious materials, and hazardous chemicals in accordance with the community policies and procedures.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience working in long-term care or with the geriatric population preferred.
- Must possess superior customer service skills and professionalism.
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.