Posted in Retail
Address: USA-VA-Virginia Beach-1615 General Booth Blvd
Store Code: Store 02236 Deli (7231765)
Food Lion has been providing an easy, fresh and affordable shopping experience to the communities we serve since 1957. Today, our 82,000 associates serve more than 10 million customers a week across 10 Southeastern and Mid-Atlantic states.
Lead the kitchen element (hot bar, wing & soup bar, pizza & sandwich station) operations of the Deli/Bakery department and support the achievement of budgeted financial and sales goals. Build associate and customer relations and promote a strong culture in support of Food Lion Strategy. Maintain solid communications with the management team, all associates in the store and throughout the organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Smiles and maintains an atmosphere of enthusiastic customer awareness with primary emphasis on fast, easy, flexible and friendly customer service all while creating a positive shopping experience for customers.
• Role model outstanding, friendly customer service and use skills and knowledge of department products to offer solutions that meet or exceed customers' expectations.
• Perform total department functions as needed to meet production and customer service guidelines.
• Perform duties that ensure department appearance, quality, variety, workplace safety, and food safety are consistently maintained.
• Assist in growing sales through effective merchandising strategies.
• Is courteous and helpful to other associates.
• Treat all co-workers with fairness, dignity, and respect.
• Assist the Deli Mgr. in hiring, training and developing associates including supervising performance through planning, coaching and disciplinary efforts.
• Supervise performance of all duties and responsibilities of all Deli/Bakery associates as/when assigned by management or in the absence of management.
• Controls department expenses through proper ordering and care for supplies and equipment.
• Understand, observe and follow all company policies and established standard practices including food safety, workplace safety, and sanitation.
• Ensure that department conditions involving appearance, quality, variety, safety, and food safety are consistently maintained at the highest level.
• Observes and corrects all unsafe conditions that could cause associate or customer accidents.
• Maintain effective work schedules to meet production and customer service standards
as well as associates' personal needs.
• The lead will be required to work a rotational shift outside of their assigned area at least once a week at the discretion of the Deli/Bakery Manager and Deli Team Lead
• Understand and use company tools such as; financial reports, ACIS, scheduling, productivity, ordering (CAO), and business information systems.
• Maintain accurate records of production, shrink, sales, and inventory.
• Receive, store, process and merchandise all products in accordance with established department guidelines.
• Assist in communicating department and company policies to associates.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
• A high school graduate or equivalent preferred.
• Deli, restaurant or food service experience helpful but not required.
• Ability to lead and manage a team.
• Strong understanding of store operations and merchandising techniques preferred.
• Effective communication, customer service, and selling skills.
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job.
• Ability to multi task and prioritize in a fast paced environment.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Must meet minimum age requirements.
• Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Ability to use computers and other communication systems required to perform job functions.
• Ability to use hand held computers for orders, mark downs, scan outs, and inventory.
• Stand 100% of the time with occasional walking short distances.
• Ability to push or pull up to 2000 pounds using a pallet jack or float.
• Perform repetitive hand and arm motions.
• Bend and lift products weighing up to 15 lbs. continuously, 25 lbs. frequently, and approximately 100 lbs. on occasion.
• Be able to handle a variety of substances associated with cleaning and packaging materials, and household cleaners.
• Stand 100% of the time with frequently walking short distances.
• Frequent reaching and grasping at waist level: occasionally above shoulder or below waist level.
• Meet established volume activity standards for the position.
• Tolerate working in extreme hot/cold temperatures for up to 20 minutes at a time.
• Have sufficient visual ability to check invoices, dates, and other written documents.
Food Lion provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related conditions) national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or gender expression or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Requisition: 318077_external_USA-VA-Virginia-Beach
Lynn Haven, Florida
Posted about 1 hour ago
El Mirage, Arizona
Posted about 1 hour ago
Posted about 1 hour ago
*By registering with our site, you agree to our