This is a Hybrid position within our IT Organization. The role will allow employees to work offsite but will also require onsite work based on business needs. The selected candidate will be expected to commute to the innovation center to which they are assigned as their primary GM facility. Relocation may be provided.
For all external applicants, we are targeting a start date on or after January 10th 2022 for this position.
In recent years, GM Information Technology has successfully executed the largest IT transformation in the history of the automotive industry, fully insourcing what once was a nearly completely outsourced IT function. Today GM IT is a dynamic and fast paced organization that designs, develops and maintains all IT infrastructure, applications and solutions enabling GM's global operations. From designing and building the next generation of electric and other vehicles to developing a world-class GM experience for our dealers and customers, GM IT is driving real change in the most iconic automaker on the planet. Our team delivers unique enterprise-wide IT solutions in cutting-edge technologies such as mobility, telematics, mission-critical business systems, supercomputing, cloud, vehicle engineering and real-time computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to advance their careers and be a part of an IT organization focused on innovation, speed and business value.
As a software developer in the Manufacturing engineering organization, you will be responsible for innovation to the critical engineering applications used in the core manufacturing process. You will be challenged to push our innovation initiatives with high quality and adherence to timelines. We are in the midst of several exciting initiatives and you'll play an integral role in one/many of them. We are excited that you are considering our team!
You will need to have proven experience in the following:
Additional Job DescriptionRequired Qualifications
- Full lifecycle application development using standard design patterns/frameworks
- Must have experience as part of a software project delivery effort
- Integrate software with existing software/systems
- Must have a desire to learn new/emerging technologies
- Knowledge of maintaining and debugging live software applications
- Work closely with senior developers, software engineers and/or data scientist to gain additional knowledge and expertise.
- Document software solutions and ensure that technical documentation meets GM standards
- Understand and maintain compliance with GM standards and industry standard methodology
- Holds themselves and others accountable for demonstrating GMs values and cultural behaviors.
- 3+ years experience delivering projects using either Java or C#
- 3+ years' experience of the full software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Experience with modern UI Frameworks like Angular/React
- Experience working with code management systems (TFS/GIT) and package management systems (Maven/Gradle etc)
- Experience with Agile teams that have regularly delivered software while practicing code review
- Creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components in frontend and backend work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to effectively communicate and translate requirements into solutions
- Working knowledge with CI/CD Technologies / Best Practices
- Experiencewith KubernetesorDockercontainers
- Experience with SpringBoot
- Experience with CI/CD systems and platforms (like Jenkins/TFS/bitbucket etc)
- Experience with cloud platforms (Pivotal/AWS/GCP etc)
- Ability to be comfortable working on either the front end or the back end
- Experience developing native mobile apps for iOS or Android
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.