About us: Since 1962, Southern Industrial has helped install and maintain the manufacturing and industrial base that has fueled growth across the Southeast
We have grown from a Carolinas-based crane and rigging company into the leading provider of turn-key industrial construction and plant maintenance services in the Southeast.
As part of EMCOR Group, Southern Industrial's ability to serve our customers is enhanced by EMCOR's financial strength and national presence.
Southern Industrial is looking for General Laborers for a maintenance site in Wilmington, NC. This is a 6 month+ position. This is a 40 hour position and does not offer per diem.
• Operates hand and power tools to cut, trim, edge grass.
• Operates hand & power tools, lawn mowers, weed-eaters, leaf blowers and edgers in
the general grounds maintenance, including mowing grass.
• Prunes trees and shrubs, trims hedges, and mulches flower beds. .
• Assists in loading or unloading trucks, equipment, and materials.
• Assists in spreading gravel and sand for roads and for filling potholes as required.
• May be required to drive vehicle on state road or highway.
• Assists in clearing brush and undergrowth around ponds, drains, creeks, and fences.
• Assists maintaining cleanliness of the entire property.
• Assist in the clean-up and disposal of any dead animals or birds on-site.
• Assist in maintaining proper condition of the dirt roads outside the perimeter fence.
• With proper training, must be able to operate tractors, zero turn mowers, backhoes,
skid-steer loaders, trash collection truck, dump truck, chain saws, weed eaters, hedge
trimmers, bat wind mowers, bush hogs, box scrapers, utility vehicles, and man-lifts.
• Assist with ice and snow removal on all parking lots and walkways.
• Assist in making minor repairs and maintenance of grounds equipment.
• Assist in putting up and removing site banners and decorations.
• Performs other duties as required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Working Conditions/Physical Effort:
Conditions include working in office, shop, busy traffic areas, warehouses, and undeveloped properties, with frequent exposure to dirt, dust, grease, oil, vibrations, and adverse weather conditions. Must be able to safely access all areas of property, buildings, structures, wharves, rooftops and other elevated positions, as well as, confined spaces. Must be able to effectively use all required PPE equipment and lift up to fifty pounds. Strenuous physical demands are required to safely perform the essential functions associated with this position. Must be able to safely operate all involved equipment and tools. Must be capable of standing for long periods of time, bending consistently, working in confined spaces with limited access, on ladders, in personnel lifts, in workboats, and working in awkward body positions.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Notice to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.
EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent.
Posted 20 minutes ago
Posted 19 minutes ago
Posted 13 minutes ago
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!