Warehouse Associates are responsible for all aspects of receiving, storing, and issuing of merchandise in support of customer fulfillment operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Pull and Pick - Operate power mobile material handling equipment. Retrieve all items for delivery or picking and staging inventory accurately in assigned areas.
2. Load - Load furniture into trucks for delivery to hubs, stores and customer homes.
3. Receive - Receive shipments from across the globe, check furniture and accessories shipments in, unload, and rack in warehouse.
4. Package - Merchandise returns from stores and customers and rack into warehouse.
5. Generate paperwork used for movement of merchandise within warehouse
• Adapts to change quickly and easily and performs effectively during times of change; demonstrates the ability to multi-task and manages competing priorities effectively
• Builds respectful and effective working relationships; collaborates with others to achieve common goals
• Conveys information clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing; adjusts communication to meet the needs of the audience
• Strives to meet or exceed the expectations of internal and external customers
• Demonstrates initiative by acting as a self-starter; takes on increased responsibility to enhance one's contribution
• Displays a high degree of integrity, honesty and takes responsibility for one's own actions; shows consistency between words and actions
Education, Experience and Other Qualifications:
• Education: High school diploma; College degree preferred
• Years of experience: Some warehouse experience preferred.
• Computer proficiency: Working knowledge of computer programs
• Understanding of general work practices in warehousing and distribution, including order picking, packing, and shipping processes and procedures.
• Dedicated to business and willing to adjust schedule and hours as needed to manage department
Essential Functions of the Position:
• Performing tasks in a standing position for extended periods of time.
• Repetitive movements.
• No physical limitations that limit the ability to carry and move furniture weighing up to 175 pounds.
• Consistent regular scheduled attendance is considered an essential function of this job.