Job ID: 395539
W-L Construction and Paving, a CRH company, is one of southwest Virginia's largest grading contractors and the largest paving contractor in the area employing more than 350 employees during the construction months. W-L performs all aspects of roadway construction including grading, paving, stone, concrete, and utilities with paving operations exceeding one million tons per year. With multiple locations throughout the state of Virginia, W-L prides itself on its ability to provide a multitude of services to many customers in various geographical locations. In addition, by being a part of the CRH family, we are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that come together to form CRH. CRH is the number one asphalt producer and paver, the largest aggregates producer and the second largest ready-mix producer in North America. We are also the number four cement producer in North America and a leader in Canada. CRH operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Grading Utility Foreman
Tired of browsing the classifieds? Job searches unsuccessful? Look no further, W-L Construction, Inc., has the perfect career opportunity waiting for you!
As a foreman, you will be working with your crew(s), subs and suppliers effectively managing the daily onsite activities on the project. You will also be required to work closely with the Superintendent or Project Management Team fulfilling an integral role in the project between crew and management.
Required Skills and Experience
• 5+ Years Field Experience - Operating Heavy Equipment, Underground Utilities, Pipe Laying and/or Grading
• 2+ Years as Foreman or Crew Lead
• Must have a valid driver's license and clean MVR - CDL is a plus
• Must be able to pass a drug test and background check
• Candidate shall have extensive experience with reading and understanding project plans, specifications and contract requirements; knowledge of the materials, equipment and tools necessary to layout and complete the work; the ability to calculate slopes, percentages, grades and elevations.
• Experience with Topcon GPS Layout a plus
• Experience in all the following: reading plans/blueprints, stakes, ability to check grades, understanding of soil types and composition, calculating slopes, percentages and elevations, knowledge of safe operation of the various types of equipment on the project
What CRH Offers You
Posted about 12 hours ago
Grand Prairie, Texas
Posted about 12 hours ago
Posted about 6 hours ago