Grievance/Appeals Analyst I
The Grievance/Appeals Analyst I is an entry level position in the Enterprise Grievance & Appeals Department that reviews, analyzes and processes non-complex pre service and post service grievances and appeals requests from customer types (i.e. member, provider, regulatory and third party) and multiple products (i.e. HMO, POS, PPO, EPO, CDHP, and indemnity) related to clinical and non clinical services, quality of service, and quality of care issues to include executive and regulatory grievances. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Reviews, analyzes and processes non-complex grievances and appeals in accordance with external accreditation and regulatory requirements, internal policies and claims events requiring adaptation of written response in clear, understandable language.
- Utilizes guidelines and review tools to conduct extensive research and analyze the grievance and appeal issue(s) and pertinent claims and medical records to either approve or summarize and route to nursing and/or medical staff for review.
- The grievance and appeal work is subject to applicable accreditation and regulatory standards and requirements. As such, the analyst will strictly follow department guidelines and tools to conduct their reviews. The file review components of the URAC and NCQA accreditations are must pass items to achieve the accreditation.
- Analyzes and renders determinations on assigned non-complex grievance and appeal issues and completion of the respective written communication documents to convey the determination.
- Responsibilities exclude conducting any utilization or medical management review activities which require the interpretation of clinical information.
- The analyst may serve as a liaison between grievances & appeals and /or medical management, legal, and/or service operations and other internal departments.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experiences:
- Requires a high school diploma or GED and a minimum of 3 years experience working in grievances and appeals, claims, or customer service; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- Demonstrated business writing proficiency, understanding of provider networks, the medical management process, claims process, the company's internal business processes, and internal local technology is strongly preferred.
- For URAC accredited areas, the following professional competencies apply: Associates in this role are expected to have strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, problem-solving skills, facilitation skills, and analytical skills.
For candidates working in person or remotely in the below locations, the salary* range for this specific position is $19.38/hr to $29.08/hr.
Locations: California; Colorado; Nevada; Washington State; Jersey City, NJ; New York City, NY; Ithaca, NY and Westchester County, NY
In addition to your salary, Elevance Health offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). The salary offered for this specific position is based on a number of legitimate, non-discriminatory factors set by the company. The company is fully committed to ensuring equal pay opportunities for equal work regardless of gender, race, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local pay equity laws.
* The salary range is the range Elevance Health in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. This range may be modified in the future and actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level. Even within the range, the actual compensation will vary depending on the above factors as well as market/business considerations. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company's sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health. Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities - and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide - and Elevance Health approves - a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World's Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.