NOTE: This is a Hybrid position within our IT Organization. The role will allow employees to work remotely, but will also require onsite work based on business needs. The selected candidate will be expected to live a commutable distance to the innovation center they are selected for. Relocation will be provided as needed.
We are targeting a start date on or after January 10th, 2022 for this position.
The GTEUSI (Global Telecom, End User Solutions and Infrastructure) Project Manager will be part of the Horizontal Services organization, managing multiple projects on the GTEUSI Plan of Record (PoR). The project manager is expected to follow GM's standard methodologies and processes. You will be accountable for the projects during all phases and will require the elicitation of requirements, risks and issues with assigned projects.
Additional Job DescriptionMinimum Qualifications:
- Defines project scope, budget/cost benefit analysis, charter, and results in support of business goals and work with senior leadership and stakeholders for approvals.
- Conducts all project management tasks to ensure schedule, cost, quality and on time delivery goals are met
- Develops innovation workbook, project plans, financial forecasts, schedules, work breakdown structure and tollgates for projects
- Ensures compliance with project deliverables, issue management, risk management plan, and project financial accounting
- Coordinate the completion of transition to operation activities.
- Implement the communication plan to assure interactions between the deployment teams and other programs/projects/organizations are in place
- Communicates project status, progress on deliverables, and risks/issues to stakeholders and leadership in a timely manner
- Single point of contact for all project related communication of IT related activities
- Owns and ensures that the project/deployment schedule timing aligns with business timing
- Conduct weekly project status review meetings
- Maintain launch project in PPM, Galileo and TFS
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent combination of education, certification and experience.
- At least 7-10 years of Project Management experience
- In-depth experience on large-scale projects/programs with a successful delivery record
- Practical experience leading/influencing internal team members and partners/stakeholders and others who are not direct reports.
- Expertise in leading projects using different types of project methodologies and life cycles (e.g. Agile, Iterative, Waterfall)
- Expertise with project management software (e.g. MS Project) and collaboration/productivity tools (Excel, SharePoint, OneNote, MS Teams)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analysis, problem-solving, team, interpersonal, negotiation, conflict management and time-management skills
- Proven capability to set clear expectations and manage team performance
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certified or equivalent.
- Prior experience in the deployment of Telecom and/or End User Services:
- Core Networking & Voice Services: WAN, LAN, WLAN, SIP, IPT
- Video & Collaboration Technologies: Video Conferencing, Digital Signage, Skype
- Contact Center: IVR, CTI, WFM, CQM
- Security: Intrusion Protection, Network Security Monitoring
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.