Job ID: 321039
HK Contractors, a CRH company, is a member of the CRH West Division; Our purpose, commitment to the future, and formula for growth is to champion the safety, empowerment, and development of our employees. We strive to be the preferred source of quality sand, rock, landscape products, ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, paving and construction services. We succeed as a team by embracing integrity, mutual respect, innovation, service, sustainability, and financial strength.
Job Description Summary
Front line supervisory position that oversees the day to day completion of projects. This position has oversight of the laborers and operators to accomplish their daily tasks. Main focus of work revovles around Storm Utility, Dirt/Earth Work, and Miscellaneous Concrete Work. The individual must be willing to travel to job locations.
- Lead crew in our safety culture and help ensure a safe working environment
- Work with Project Manager and Superintendent to achieve timely job specific instructions
- Supervise/ coordinate, train, and coach assigned personnel in the completion of jobs and daily work duties
- Be able to read, interpret , and follow owner's plans and specifications
- Supervise equipment operators and laborers to ensure that work is being done according to the field layout and the plans
- Supervise personnel to ensure proper compaction of material is obtained. Ensure quality handwork, ride-ability and overall aesthetics of work are achieved
- Perform the duties of an equipment operator and laborer when necessary
- Notify the Project Manager and Superintendent when conditions on the job change causing a variation to previous instruction. (Approval should be received before adjusting plans)
- Ensure that employees operate and maintain equipment properly. Notify shop of equipment mechanical and safety issues
- Ensure job site and equipment are maintained in a clean and orderly fashion
- Maintain time and material records necessary for completing daily job costing
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Able to perform essential job functions with/ without reasonable accommodation.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Be knowledgeable of materials and equipment needed to perform tasks.
- Be able to read plans and specifications
- Mathematical understanding in order to calculate grades, slopes, yields, etc.
- Related experience in construction field, minimum 5 years (desired)
- Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Pass a pre-employment "Fit for Work" physical.
- Be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration document.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
- Report to work at the designated start time.
- Be able to work long hours when required.
- Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must be able to complete safe driver training, possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Applications with the ability to learn new software systems as needed.
- Be able to communicate appropriately with direct reports, co-workers, supervisors, and the general public.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Ability to use decision making skills for cost effective solutions on jobs in the absence of a superintendent
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
HK Contractors is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Aug 17, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Idaho Nearest Secondary Market:
Idaho Falls Job Segment:
Construction, Labor, Laborer, Equipment Operator, Engineering, Operations, Manufacturing
This job has expired.