Job ID: 320879
Idaho Materials & Construction, is a CRH Company. Our purpose, commitment to the future, and formula for growth is to champion the safety, empowerment, and development of our employees. We strive to be The Preferred Source of quality sand, rock, landscape products, ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, paving and construction services. We succeed as a team by embracing integrity, mutual respect, innovation, service, sustainability, and financial strength.
This is a skilled position requiring supervisory skills and a wide range of construction skills and knowledge. Individual should also have a working knowledge of equipment operations and repairs. The position requires day to day relations with both the people he/she is supervising and the client. This position requires daily planning of both man power and equipment so as to obtain maximum utilization. This individual will be responsible for planning and scheduling. The individual must be willing to travel to job locations.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Work with Project Manager/Estimator to develop project schedules and updates.
- Work with or in lieu of the dispatcher to schedule projects, manpower and equipment.
- Work with or in lieu of the dispatcher to schedule equipment movement and transport schedules.
- Participate in project meetings with contracting agencies and customers.
- Participate as required in pre-bid and post job meetings to evaluate performance and profitability of project to ensure goals are attainable and being met.
- Interface daily with job foreman to ascertain their needs, problems and job progress.
- Make sure that foremen have the time cards for their crew turned in on a timely basis and that coding is correct, and the foreman has signed card. Also ensure all required equipment documentation is completed and accurate.
- Check daily cost sheets for correctness, compliance with estimated cost, and if over budget, find out why and report to management.
- Prior to job startup, review with the job foreman the project plans, specifications and review the project startup list to insure that each item is done, i.e. dig line has been contracted.
- Assist Estimating by providing feedback on job progress as opposed to as estimated.
- Assist Estimating as available by performing field measurements determining sources.
- Check that foreman's job quantities are correct and submitted to Estimating; remember they will generate the invoice based on what you report.
- Maintain, in conjunction with the hot plant operator, adequate oil supplies and fuels to meet the project's needs. Review Hot plant reports, crusher reports, job reports.
- Supervise foreman and other related employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- A minimum of 5 years construction supervisor related experience
- Will be subject to drug testing, medical exams and physical agilities testing.
- Ability to influence people to work enthusiastically towards goals and performance targets by effectively providing necessary coaching, mentoring, and feedback.
- Ability to lead and manage change through continuous performance improvement in employee development, quality, safety, and production.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiple and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ration, percent, land to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able to type and use keyboards accurately and have knowledge of Database software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Standard Driver's License.
- Traffic control certificate is preferred.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance.
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Idaho Materials & Construction is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Aug 17, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Pocatello Nearest Secondary Market:
Idaho Job Segment:
Construction, Database, Testing, Engineering, Technology
This job has expired.