VCA Animal Hospitals is seeking an experienced and motivated individual to lead our doctors and staff as a Hospital Manager at VCA Ark Animal Hospital, located in the Avondale Neighborhood of Chicago, IL.
The Hospital Manager, under the guidance of the Regional Operations team, with the support and input from the Medical Director, performs a wide range of administrative activities related to the hospital. The Hospital Manager mentors the staff and oversees the business operations, quality of patient care, fosters a culture of client service excellence, and ensures profitable operation of the practice, while creating an environment of trust, respect and enthusiasm.
- Direct and develop the veterinary, technical and administrative staff towards the goal of quality patient care and excellent client service; assist in the formulation of objectives and policies to ensure efficient and profitable hospital operations.
- Oversee the hiring, reviewing, disciplining and terminating of professional staff, in accordance with and with the approval of the Regional Management team.
- Review the P&L Report monthly and partner with the Hospital Medical Director to increase revenue and limit expenses; work with home office to prepare and submit the yearly budget (budget forecast, operating plan, cap-ex expenditures) and participate in the evaluation process with Regional Management team.
- Model an "owner" mentality in hospital by demonstrating a willingness to assist all employees in making the practice a success; invest the necessary amount of time to accomplish the required responsibilities and ensure the smooth operation of the hospital.
- Minimizing patient stress and discomfort; recommend referral to another VCA doctor or specialist when this is likely to significantly improve the prognosis.
- Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
- Supervise the administration and case review of client medical complaints.
- Positively represent the hospital and VCA in the professional community and to the general public.
Desired Skills & Abilities:
- A passion for demonstrating and expecting excellence in customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust controls and systems to ensure sustained growth and development.
- Experience with budgeting, planning and driving financial results.
- Knowledge of sales and marketing techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially to a diverse range of audiences and settings.
- The ability to make decisions, delegate responsibility, and achieve results with hospital team members.
- Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a friendly, positive attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and deal with an environment of changing priorities.
VCA Ark Animal Hospital:
Our hospital has been AAHA certified since 2007 and practices low-stress and fear-free techniques. We offer routine services from wellness care to surgical and dental procedures. VCA Ark has a recently renovated facility and state-of-the-art equipment including ultrasound, digital x-ray, and brand new lab equipment. We have digital radiography and a surgical laser; as well as up-to-date technology for easy patient check-ins. We have a large back yard for lunches and staff meetings, and a fully equipped staff break room.
Location: 3235 N Kedzie Ave, Chicago, IL 60618
The hospital is located in a quiet neighborhood, has quick access to public transportation (Blue line, I-90, and train station), and is within walking distance of several popular restaurants and breweries.
If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development)
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans / Disabled. For a complete EEO statement please see our career page at vcacareers.com