If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The Life Alliance Organ Recovery Agency (UM LAORA) has an exciting opportunity for a Hospital Services Specialist 1 position. The incumbent develops and coordinates marketing and educational programs aimed at promoting and increasing the full range of services within the assigned hospital. Moreover, this employee maintains communications between the hospital and ancillary providers, acting as a customer service liaison to strengthen relationships, increase patient numbers, and develop new programs that maintain the hospital's competitive position.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.CORE QUALIFICATIONS
- Educates the pre-hospital care provider community, keeping them informed of changes in the standards of care.
- Markets the hospital's full range of services available to the provider community.
- Maintains hospital referral base, sustains relationships with referring physicians and nursing staff.
- Initiates and implements changes in practice aimed at increasing and improving performance outcomes in all hospital services.
- Conducts root cause assessment of persistent problems.
- Establishes multi-disciplinary councils to develop standards of practice that will optimize outcomes.
- Participates in collaborative hospital committees and departmental and administrative meetings.
- Performs public and professional education and other hospital development functions.
- Conducts analysis of provider rate increase requests.
- Assists in the procurement of required medical records or information.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, education, healthcare administration or relevant field.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type: