EMCOR Facilities Services (EFS), an EMCOR core business, services over 1 billion square feet of commercial space across the United States. From corporate campuses to single sites, EFS provides a range of services that support mission-critical areas of financial services, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, transportation, and education sectors.
Job Title: Lead HVAC Technician
Lead team of HVAC technicians within an industrial, retail or commercial operation. Coordinate and assign daily, weekly and monthly tasks including PM's and/or on demand work. Maintains, troubleshoots, repairs, installs, inspects, adjusts commercial and industrial HVAC systems including AHU's, ACU's, VAV's, refrigeration, kitchen equipment, ventilation systems, DDC's.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assigns daily, weekly and monthly tasks to HVAC team members
- Monitors work activity of team members ensuring safety compliance, quality of work, cleanliness and follow up if required
- Oversees HVAC project work, coordinating pricing, scheduling and work activity
- Assists Site Manger by providing input on hiring, discipline and terminations when required
- Performs duties as a technician as outlined in the HVAC Technician Level I job description
- Performs any other duties as deemed necessary by the site manager
Graduate of a certified technical school, HVAC associates degree or 4 or more years related experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.Qualifications:
7 years HVAC/General Maintenance experience including electrical, plumbing, carpentry required; or equivalent combination of training, education, and experience. Any combination of education, training, and experience which demonstrates ability to perform the duties and responsibilities as described including related work experience in one or more of the building trades.Licenses/Certifications:
- Valid driver's license
- Universal Recovery Certification
- Refrigerant Transition and Recovery Certification
- Type I and Type II
- Type I - Small Appliances
- Type II - High Pressure and very High Pressure Appliances
- Type III - Low Pressure Appliances
- Universal - Type I, II and III
- Fork Truck & Aerial Lift Certification
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to climb or balance. The associate is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell. The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Will be required to use ladders, boom lifts, scissor lifts, fork trucks and other equipment to accomplish the job.Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The associate is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.