EMCOR Services/Aircond, is the largest commercial and industrial heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning (HVAC) service company in the Southeast. For more than 80 years, Aircond has designed and delivered comprehensive HVAC solutions to businesses seeking to enhance their productivity and efficiency. Guided by three generations of family leadership, today Aircond delivers a full spectrum of facility services to single and multi-site clients, from HVAC service to complete operations and maintenance solutions.
Service Technician - Class I to III
Service and repair heating, ventilating, air conditioning and related environmental control systems utilizing knowledge of heating, refrigeration and, pipefitting theory. Class I will work with simple systems and possess a basic understanding of controls and electrical systems. Class II will work with simple refrigerants, circuitry, and air distribution systems. Class III will work with a wider range of DX systems with more advanced controls circuits and multiple compressors. Air-cooled DX chiller experience is a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Qualifications:Education and/or Experience
- Replace or repair compressor and condenser units.
- Fabricates, assembles, and installs ductwork and chassis parts, using portable metalworking tools.
- Join tubing or pipes to various refrigerating units by means of sleeves, couplings, or unions, and solders joints, using torch, forming complete circuit for refrigerant.
- Repair or replace motors, compressors, temperature controls, humidity controls, and circulating-ventilation fans to control panels and connects control panels to power source.
- Repair leaks, leak test & add Freon gas to build up prescribed operating pressure on all systems.
- Replaces defective breaker controls, thermostats, switches, fuses, and electrical wiring to repair installed units, using electrician's hand tools and test equipment.
- May repair and service air-conditioners, ranging from one or more tons cooling capacity.
- Professionally maintain company provided tools and vehicles.
- Work safely, drive safely and courteous, reports safety hazards, and make suggestions to improve safety.
- Maintain good attendance and productivity.
- Possess good time management, organizational and communication (oral and written) skills.
- Demonstrate commitment, dedication, cooperation, positive teamwork, flexibility and adaptability while in the workplace.
High School diploma or equivalent required. A minimum of two (2) years of commercial/industrial HVAC experience as described in job summary preferred. Class I and II certification is required, EPA Universal preferred. Pneumatic controls are a plus. Candidates must possess good communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills to ensure effective teamwork and customer relations. Must be able to climb ladders, lift and carry 50 or more pounds, distinguish colors for electrical work, use hand tools and tolerate confined spaces. Work will involve heights and seasonal temperature extremes. Proper use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) is required while performing tasks.
Candidates must possess a valid driver's license and meet MVR requirements. Must be available for some overtime, on-call, and weekend work.Language Skills
Must possess good communication skills (verbal and written).Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.Mathematical Skills
Must possess basic math skills. Ability to perform these basic operations using units of American money and weight measurement, and volume.Reasoning Ability
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed and sometimes complex written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations.Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid Driver's License and Class I and II certification required. EPA Universal preferred. Physical Demands
Must be able to climb ladders, lift and carry 50 or more pounds, distinguish colors for electrical work, use hand tools and tolerate confined spaces. Work will involve heights and seasonal temperature extremes.Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Proper use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) is required while performing tasks.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent.
This job has expired.