Job ID: 217970
Location: JACKSON , MS , US
Date Posted: 2021-05-26
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Network Technician
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
SAIC is seeking an Incident Manager to support our efforts in Vicksburg, MS. The slected candidate will have the following responsibiliteis:
- Answering queries and resolving first and second level technical issues for local and remote users through various channels such as telephone, chat, email, and tickets submitted online.
- Adheres to all company and department policies and procedures.
- Responds to escalated tickets from tier 1 staff, diagnosing, identifying, isolating, and resolving problems with hardware, software, network, and system/applications utilizing technical skills, historical database records, and knowledgebase documentation.
- Reviewing reports throughout the day for tickets that are due to breach the SLA metrics.
- Ensuring that technicians and engineers are working their tickets in a timely matter.
- Reviewing aged and breached tickets to ensure a resolution is found.
- Utilizing other daily report to track daily tickets that have been neglected.
- Monitoring and following up with VIP tickets to ensure tickets are routed to the correct team.
- Supports commercial (COTS) software, customer specific applications, internet browsers, desktops, laptops, mobile devices and more.
- May route tickets to product line, application, or system support specialists, requiring clearly documented description of situation and any troubleshooting already performed.
- Monitors phone and chat queues, email inbox, and the status of service desk tickets to ensure they are completed in a timely manner, and alerts management to recurring problems and patterns of problems.
- Provides guidance and coaching to less experienced technicians and may have limited leadership responsibilities.
- Contributes to knowledgebase, represents service desk when interacting with other support teams, and may participate in special projects as required.
This is a shift work position is business hours environment.
- AA Degree (2+ yrs experience may be substituted for Associate’s) and a minimum 5 years of related technical support experience in a call center environment
- Proven experience providing effective and professional communication, addressing complex technical issues via telephone, email, and chat
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to provide excellent customer service
- Ability to work well with and provide leadership to teammates in a fast-paced SLA driven environment
- Interpersonal skills and excellent written and oral communications, including the ability to collaborate effectively and coach others
- Understanding of IT concepts/practices and experience with common service desk software.
- Proven ability to think and troubleshoot logically and act decisively in critical situations
- Extensive experience supporting Microsoft Office, Windows 7, and Mac OS X
- Experience with account administration practices and Identity Management tools
- At least one technical certification (such as A+, Security+, MCP, MCSE, CCNA)
- Must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- Willingness to work any shift in a business hours environment
- Ability to arrive and start work promptly at beginning of scheduled shift
- 7+ years of experience providing computer hardware/software support
- Experience providing training on technical subject matter
- ITIL and HDI Certifications
- Familiarity with government IT environment and administrative processes
- 1 year or more experience working in a Lead/Supervisory capacity
- Experience supporting Google Applications and using CA ITCM to manage endpoint devices
Target salary range: $50,001 - $75,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com
or Working at SAIC
for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.
This job has expired.