International Motor Sports Association, LLC
International Motor Sports Association, LLC (IMSA) was originally founded in 1969 and owns a long and rich history in sports car racing. Today, IMSA is the sanctioning body of the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, the premier sports car racing series in North America. IMSA also sanctions the IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge and the IMSA Prototype Challenge, as well as four one-make series: Ferrari Challenge North America, Idemitsu Mazda MX-5 Cup presented by BFGoodrich Tires, Lamborghini Super Trofeo North America and Porsche Carrera Cup North America. IMSA - a company within the NASCAR family - is the exclusive strategic partner in North America with the Automobile Club de l'Ouest (ACO) which operates the 24 Hours of Le Mans as a part of the FIA World Endurance Championship. The partnership enables selected IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship competitors to earn automatic entries into the prestigious 24 Hours of Le Mans. For more information please visitwww.IMSA.com,www.twitter.com/IMSA,www.facebook.com/IMSA or www.instagram.com/imsa_racing.
IMSA seeks a talented professional to join in the position of Part Time Information Systems Technology Technician I. This position travels to race events.
This position will be assigned to set up and maintain pit lane equipment, IT Services, RF Distribution and video distribution.
Duties include but are not limited to:
Required skills / experience:
- Pit Lane: Setup and maintain equipment in the Pit Lane for the collection and distribution of information.
- lT Services: Install, configure and troubleshoot Internet and data distribution networks.
- RF Distribution: Install, configure and troubleshoot Cable TV Systems.
- Video Distribution: Setup and maintain SDI equipment for TV Broadcast.
- Assist with the distribution, collection, loading and unloading of equipment after each event in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Maintain parts and equipment inventories for operation of assigned duties.
- Keep current with local schedule, maps and information for the event.
- Understanding of radio use, procedures and etiquette.
- Work with customers to provide timely assistance while portraying a professional image
- Basic knowledge of networking management and principles.
- Diligently monitor, diagnose and troubleshoot equipment issues.
- Repair cables and other related equipment as needed.
- Perform routine maintenance on systems.
- Willingness to work with and learn new technology.
- Associates Degree and a minimum of 2 years' experience in information technology and telecommunications or equivalent combination of both education and experience.
- Formalized training and/or experience in networking and computer technology.
- Experience with or ability to use more complicated electronic test equipment, test programs and specialty tools such as coaxial crimpers, data crimpers, pin & de-pinning tools, etc.
- Experience desired, but not required, with:
- Mylaps electronic timing systems.
- Knowledge of software used in racing (results / strategy / telemetry)
- Any programming languages.
- Network administration.
- Signal distribution.
- Wired, RF and fiber optic cable.
- Ability to travel 90% including weekends.
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at www.careers.nascar.com for consideration.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won't take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Follow us on Twitter @NASCARJobs to stay current on all of our openings.
This job has expired.