The Software Defined Vehicle (SDV) team supports the definition, design, and development of continuously improving mobility services. SDV is a new vehicle intelligence platform that will underpin all our future innovations across a wide range of technological advancements, including EVs and expanded automated driving. This means that you can potentially put a fingerprint on the vehicles that drive down the road! Within the Software Defined Vehicle, GM is developing the next generation of embedded platform software to deliver state of the art Infotainment features on the Ultifi platform. We are looking for energetic engineers with experience in Android, QNX and Linux testing to help us deliver high quality software for future automotive Infotainment systems. This position is flexible to ensure work-life integration.
As an Infotainment SDV Verification engineer at GM, you will design and execute test strategies while working closely with development teams. You will support test activities through the entire software development lifecycle, including case development, requirements analysis, test method development, automation, defect triage, and product launch support. This exciting infotainment test position is a central hub for the testing and integration of all GM's infotainment software. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with different business units all around GM and is terrific for technical and leadership growth!
Additional Job DescriptionRequired Qualifications
- Responsible for executing both manual and automated test scripts to verify Infotainment component functional and performance requirements on GM's Ultifi platform.
- Configure benches to support specific test scenarios.
- Characterize and document defects including identifying steps to reproduce, linking failures to requirements, and collecting all associated test logs.
- Develop and Update test cases as required.
- Interact with multiple engineering fields within the Software Defined Vehicle team to support defect resolution.
- Plan and manage execution of weekly verification testing
- Manage weekly build promotion including Sanity test planning, critical issue escalation and develop response to additional test requests.
- Coordinate test assignments for a large multi-functional team to ensure that all test requirements are met.
- Lead, collaborate, and improve testing on Infotainment ECU
- Verify operation of Infotainment features that function on CAN, Ethernet and LIN communication protocols
- Provide regular status updates and complete documentation and test results
- Perform Diagnostics, Partial Network and DPS Calibration testing
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related
- 2+ years' experience in Automotive SW Test or Development, including experience with test automation and test or software architecture
- Understanding of Vehicle Electrical Architecture and Subsystem/Features in the Infotainment domain
- Understanding of Infotainment Operating Systems such as Android, Linux and QNX
- Experience with LAN/CAN vehicle communication system and CAN based monitoring tools.
- Strong Project Management and Organizational skills
- Ability to lead complex problems and propose solutions
- High level of oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills to work independently and effectively with others
- Familiarity with Firewall and Packet filters, OTA and transport layer
- Experience with Bluetooth sniffer tools and protocol analyzers
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.