Job DetailsJob Location Mount St. Joseph University - Cincinnati, OHPosition Type Full TimeEducation Level 4 Year DegreeJob Category Information Technology Status: ExemptPurpose: The Instructional Designer proactively works with faculty to integrate technology into instructional programs both inside and outside the classroom; initiates and performs instructional design operations for faculty; assists with the implementation and administration of course management, assessment, and other instructional application software systems.Duties: Performs instructional design functions: works with faculty to improve instructional delivery, including student assessment, content development, instructional materials design and production, evaluation of delivery methods, test design, and methods assessment.Lead a team of librarians, content developers, media specialists, and course builders in the development and revision of fully online and blended courses.Provides coordination of activities and support to the Mounts online/blended course-related learning communities. Provides design, training, and assistance services to faculty on blended/online learning and instructional applications; orients faculty, staff, and students to instructional materials, equipment, and training; designs face-to-face and online training courses and documentation.Actively promotes the integration of technology into instructional programs both inside and outside the classrooms.Provides formalized training sessions for faculty and staff on online/blended learning including online course development team kickoff meetings.Responsible for administration and management of the student virtual online orientation and the online instructor self-paced online course.Other duties as assigned.Primary Contacts: Internal or external contacts which require tact to avoid confusion or to obtain cooperation in addition to furnishing or obtaining information. The employee assumes the responsibility for harmonious relationships.Supervision Exercised: Leadership of a small group in work with well-defined goals for an office.Supervision Received: Works under general supervision where standard practice enables the employee to proceed independently on routine work referring questionable cases to a supervisor Education: Specialized knowledge gained by at least one year of prescribed study beyond the bachelor's degree.Experience: Requires over one year of related experienceDesired experience to be prepared for the position and demonstrated ability and commitment towards diversity, equity, and inclusionSpecialized Training: Proficient in use of Microsoft Office programsSkills/Attributes Customer Service:
- Exhibit a "customer first" orientation in providing exceptional service in all responsibilities and interactions demonstrating versatility in handling people and situations
- Adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and students' (or other customers) needs and expectations; anticipate and identify students' (or other customers) needs
- Demonstrate an ability to facilitate transition and counsel students towards the realization of full educational potential (can be personalized for position)
- Demonstrated ability to recognize, appreciate and serve culturally diverse populations, special needs, and others
- Available to rotate through multiple time frames of service operations
- Demonstrate an enthusiastic approach to duties and a commitment to liberal arts education (if applicable)
- Collaborate well with others for a cohesive group
- Communicate, cooperate and collaborate well with others to achieve common office, department, or University goals
- Willingly assists in various responsibilities as appropriate within the department and other areas of the university as appropriate as required during high service demand times
Attention to Detail:
- Develop and nurture an effective, productive, and respectful rapport and working relationship with students, faculty and staff co-workers, and various campus and community constituencies maintaining an appropriate level of professionalism
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and organizational skills, a sense of humor, flexibility, and creativity
- Demonstrate strong written, telephone, and electronic (email and internet) communication skills and strengths in public speaking (if applicable)
- Communicate information clearly and concisely and listen well to others
- Maintain a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work to detect errors, oversights, or omissions
- Take immediate and independent action when necessary assuming initiative for creative problem solving
- Demonstrate creativity and high energy
- Accomplish tasks with follow through to completion
Work Environment, Physical Demands:
- Recommendations of a very technical or specialized nature, which influence the work of an important function, and which affect an important area of the operations of the University.
- Must possess an aptitude for technological development and its implications for appropriate automation of office; proficient in Microsoft Office
- Work that is semi-routine or diversified requiring some judgment in the application of a wide range of established rules and procedures but within limits of standard practices.
- Multiple service hours; computer data input; multiple concurrent tasks with service interruptions; extensive customer contact; strict confidentiality; detailed work.
To apply, please upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via Paycom.A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.Please click here to review the University's Non-Discrimination Policy.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This job has expired.