The Integration Engineer is part of a team delivering solutions using the InterSystems HealthShare platform, and is responsible to integrate healthcare systems, including but not limited to Electronic Health Records, Health Information Exchanges, Payer systems, and State Pharmacy Registries. The Integration Engineer works with customer teams and InterSystems services teams to design, build, test, deploy, and troubleshoot interfaces needed to provide reliable and robust end to end solutions. Experience with healthcare messaging standards is essential and working knowledge of healthcare treatment, management, and payer systems is desired.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in the development of team structure and process. The Integration Engineer will contribute to process and tooling improvements in order to reduce the time and effort required to implement messaging feeds and improve data quality.
- Conducts review and analysis of integration requirements.
- Reviews solution architecture and solution design documentation.
- Designs system integration and prepares design documentation.
- Creates interface specifications based on requirements and industry best practices.
- Creates system interaction, message flow, data flow, and sequence diagrams.
- Designs custom schema, routing rules, transformations, and message handling logic.
- Configures schema, message validation, routing rules and logic, transformations, error handling and alert management.
- Tests integration components, message flows, and supports end to end integrated tests.
- Troubleshoots and resolves issues as they arise in testing or post go-live.
- Supports go-live of system integrations.
- Designs and implements automation of integration tasks and other tooling to reduce effort and improve quality of integrations.
- Maintains current expertise in interoperability standards, particularly healthcare messaging and terminology standard, but also including network protocols, messaging protocols, and related security standards.
- Maintains expertise in InterSystems Interoperability platforms and tools as well as common industry tools.
Education & Training
- 5+ years of experience as an Integration Engineer or similar role.
- HealthShare Health Connect HL7 Interface Specialist is a plus
- Experience with healthcare messaging and interoperability standards is required.
- Experience integrating large health care systems is highly desired.
- Experience with messaging security, database, and scripting technology is desired.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self-motivated and able to independently to set objectives and plan courses of action.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others to meet objectives and timelines.
- At ease in a dynamic environment and able to adapt to changing customer needs.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule during customer go-lives.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent technical degree and experience
We are an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. InterSystems is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. About InterSystems
Established in 1978, InterSystems provides innovative data solutions for organizations with critical information needs in the healthcare, finance, and logistics sectors and beyond. Our cloud-first data platforms solve interoperability, speed, and scalability problems for organizations around the globe. InterSystems also develops and supports data management in hospitals through the world's most proven electronic medical record, as well as unified care records for health systems and governments through a powerful suite of healthcare data integration solutions. The company is committed to excellence through its award-winning, 24×7 support for customers and partners in more than 80 countries. Privately held and headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, InterSystems has 25 offices worldwide. For more information, please visit InterSystems.com .