At Optiv, we're on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We're one of the fastest-growing companies in a truly essential industry. Join us.
The Integration Software Engineer will primarily develop and maintain Optiv's integrations between Enterprise Systems most often by using Jitterbit, similar ETL utilities, or native integration options such as REST or SOAP APIs. Integrations between Enterprise systems are essential to the success of Optiv and all users and departments are dependent on the proliferation of critical data across the organization. In addition to supporting Enterprise Application integrations, this role will also work closely with the Data Platform team enabling Enterprise data integrations into the Optiv Data Platform.
This Integration Engineer will work in an Agile software development structure and will work cross-functionally with a variety of system administrators and other developers to use Jitterbit, other ETL software, or custom-developed integrations to expedite the integration of data between enterprise applications, and into the data platform. This will include working with Optiv's Enterprise Architects, Business Process Engineers, SCRUM masters, end-users, application administrators, developers, and vendors to gather requirements, define solution functionality, develop and maintain solutions, and provide support for integrations.
The Software and Integration Engineer will be hands-on and have demonstrated experience developing and managing system integrations in a diverse working environment.
What you will do in this role:
Qualifications and Key Requirements:
- Work collaboratively across teams and/or independently to design, develop, test, and deploy new and existing integration solutions based on functional and technical requirements primarily using Jitterbit
- Provide guidance on solution requirements, technical design, integration architecture, and solution recommendations, testing, and support
- Develop proof of concept integration solutions between enterprise environment.
- Work with Jitterbit and other vendor support to troubleshoot production bugs and issues, and provide support to Optiv business units
- Provide on-call integration solution support during critical business timeframes
- Manage installation and security, users, roles, profiles, groups, queues, and other Jitterbit, and integration platform environments
- Serve as a subject matter expert on items related to Jitterbit, REST, and SOAP integrations, or other third-party integration.
- Remain current on new Jitterbit features and functionality as well as integration industry technology advancements and emerging concepts and technologies.
- Possess strong analytical and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Prioritize tasks, manage time effectively and work on projects in parallel
- Mid to Senior-level proficiency in Jitterbit, similar ETL program, or APIs
- 5+ years of software development or API development experience in an enterprise software development environment
- 3-5+ years of experience working with system integration technologies either in REST or SOAP
- Working knowledge of Salesforce, or NetSuite, databricks a plus
- Key Personal Profile Characteristics (Values, Motivations, & Behaviors) - These are "core" attributes of an individual and are difficult or impractical to change
- High familiarity and experience with data migration & software integration
- Highly Motivated & Successful: Sense of mission, role in demonstrable change, monetary reward, personal & team recognition, sense of pride in work deliverables
- Professional: communicates openly, operates with integrity, and leads by example
- Passionate, motivated, with a positive "can do" attitude
- Empathetic & Resilient with customer challenges
- Teamwork: Individual competence & creativity, mutual respect, share responsibility, and reward
- Trustworthy & ethical
- Self-starter eager to learn new technologies; you don't have to be asked to learn something new, you're always researching opportunities to grow and improve your skillset
- Desire to own integrations, and a sense of urgency on getting tasks accomplished
With Optiv you can expect:
• A company committed to championing Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion through our Affinity groups including, Black Employee Network, Disabled Employee Network, Latino Employee Network, Optiv Pride (LGBTQIA+), Veterans Support Network, and Women's Network.
• Work/life balance. We offer "Recharge" a flexible, time-off program that encourages eligible employees to take the time they need to recharge
• Professional training resources, including tuition reimbursement
• Creative problem-solving and the ability to tackle unique, complex projects
• Volunteer Opportunities. "Optiv Chips In" encourages employees to volunteer and engage with their teams and communities.
• The ability and technology necessary to productively work remote/from home (where applicable)
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success, and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! As a market-leading provider of cyber security solutions, Optiv has the most comprehensive ecosystem of security products and partners to deliver unparalleled services. Our rich and successful history with our clients is based on trust, serving more than 12,000 clients of varying sizes and industries, including commercial, government, and education. We have the proven expertise to plan, build, and run successful security programs across Risk Management, Cyber Digital Transformation, Threat Management, Security Operations - Managed Services, and Identity and Data Management.