We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Dynalectric is seeking a paid summer intern to work on a construction site in Wenatchee, Washington. This position is responsible for, but not limited to, assisting the electrical construction project managers with:
Duties and responsibilitiesEstimating:
- Developing Operations and Maintenance manuals for the electrical systems.
- Document Control, distribution and tracking.
- Maintaining testing and commissioning documentation.
- Specification review for project requirements
- Quantity takeoffs
- Estimate input - Accubid
- Acquiring vendor/subcontractor quotes
- Selecting subs/vendors
- Developing bid proposals
- Help project managers with various project tasks
- Develop spreadsheets
- Specification research
- Contacting subs
- Update revised drawing sets
- Post RFIs and change directives
- Update RFI logs
- Price project changes
- Develop change orders for Project Manager
- Track change order status and kept log
- Identify new fixtures of switchgear added. Price, purchase, and track it.
- Manage light fixture and switchgear packages
- Check project estimate for correct light fixture and lighting control quantities
- Track incoming shipments
- Communicate with vendors on shipping damage or missing materials
- Track and manage fixture inventories
The preferred candidate will be a CEM student with the following competencies:
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities, task and projects on an ongoing basis.
Mostly office based. Typical working hours for the Intern may vary. Generally, Monday - Friday during normal business hours, but when deadlines approach they may be required to work much longer hours, including some weekend work. The Intern in the field may be required to work out of the office and sometimes to stay away from home for short to long periods of time. Some travel may be required for training/continuing education.
While performing the duties of this job, the Intern may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration; may be exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites (weather, noise, etc.).Physical requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Intern to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The Intern is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.Direct reports