Expected Travel: Up to 10%
About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a global provider of clinically effective medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people's lives. We apply purpose driven innovation - a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs - to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular and interventional access, interventional cardiology, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional urology, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit teleflex.com.
Interventional Urology - NeoTract is dedicated to developing innovative, minimally invasive and clinically effective devices that address unmet needs in the field of urology. As part of the Teleflex Interventional Urology business unit, NeoTract's focus is on improving the standard of care for patients with benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) using the UroLift® System, a minimally invasive, permanent implant system that treats symptoms while preserving sexual function*1,2. The UroLift System is clinically proven to treat lower urinary tract symptoms due to BPH in men over the age of 45. The UroLift System lifts or holds the enlarged prostate tissue out of the way so it no longer blocks the urethra. There is no cutting, heating or removal of prostate tissue. More than 175,000 men have been treated with the UroLift System in select markets worldwide.** Join a dynamic, growing team that offers healthcare providers an array of medical technology solutions that make a difference in patients' lives.
*No instances of new, sustained erectile or ejaculatory dysfunction in the FDA pivotal study.
** Management estimate based on product sales and average units per procedure
- Roehrborn, J Urology 2013 LIFT Study
- McVary, J Sex Med 2014
Indicated for the treatment of symptoms of an enlarged prostate up to 100cc in men 45 years or older. As with any medical procedure, individual results may vary. Most common side effects are temporary and include pain or burning with urination, blood in the urine, pelvic pain, urgent need to urinate and/or the inability to control the urge.1 Rare side effects, including bleeding and infection, may lead to a serious outcome and may require intervention. Speak with your doctor to determine if you may be a candidate. Position Summary
The Internal Communications Manager is an integral part of the Interventional Urology Business Unit (IUBU) organization. While the position is primarily located in Pleasanton, CA, we are open to qualified candidates who live outside of the Bay Area and can adopt a hybrid work arrangement. You will be a member of the IUBU Leadership team and partner closely with senior executives, the human resources team, department managers and corporate communications to establish an internal communications strategy which will encompass both broad business unit messages and department updates. In this individual contributor position, you will play a key role in the business through engaging and motivating employees; ensuing they are kept informed of news and positive developments as well as apprised during times of change.
The ability to see the business unit as a holistic entity as well as understand the nuances of individual departments to bring together a strategic communications framework is critical in this role. You will be responsible for understanding the organizations goals, culture and values to build a road map for success. You will also advise executives and managers of the role they play in effective internal communications. To excel in this position, a strong passion to continually provide an exceptional employee experience is crucial.Principal Responsibilities
Education / Experience Requirements
- Establish an internal communications strategy in conjunction with senior leaders.
- Create and maintain a communications calendar for broad organizational employee touchpoints such as all-company meetings, management meetings, HR programs and culture activities.
- Ensure organizational initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to employees and stakeholders
- Plan, edit and write content for a variety of internal communication channels, such as email, all-company meetings, video or newsletters. You may also be required to work on the layout of content.
- Keep stakeholders abreast of progress and answer their questions.
- Storyboard or translate ideas to the leadership team through collaboration and partnership.
- Create presentations for organizational events, such as all-company meetings, management meetings and various employee facing content.
- Draft messages or scripts from senior executives for presentation to employees in written or spoken form.
- Ensure layout for internal communications meet brand guideline requirements.
- Ensure internal communications messages are consistent across all mediums and for different departments of the organization.
- Ensure internal communication messages are consistent with external communication messages.
- Respond to feedback from leaders and employee, adjust communications content accordingly.
- Handle the internal communication response to challenging situations which affect organizational perception and reputation.
- Advise senior executives of developments throughout the organization, either face to face or through regular written communication
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Contribute to our culture of being collaborative, respectful, transparent, ethical, efficient, high-achieving, and fun!
Specialized Skills / Other Requirements
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience and BA/BS Degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations or Marketing from a 4-year accredited college/university or related practical experience.
- Medical device industry experience is a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite of tools
- Strong MS Power Point skills, including layout and animation
- Excellent verbal communication and great customer service skills with an emphasis on tact and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to craft excellent and motivating written communications.
- Proven experience writing scripts for executives when they present information to employees.
- Strong business acumen- how the key drivers of the business relate to each other, including understanding of company financials, complex organizational structures and understanding of how actions and decisions impact key company measures and leadership objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills; must possess confidence in interacting with senior executives and explain communication techniques to them.
- Proven track record of being a good team player; experience in collaborating with designers, web developers and marketing communications professionals to create internal communications material, such as web pages, e-mail messages, posters and online advertisements.
- Proven organizational skills with strong attention to detail, ability to prioritize, and able to work well in an environment with competing demands.
- Process improvement mindset.
Teleflex, Inc. is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer. D/V/M/F. Applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. If you require accommodation to apply for a position, please contact us at: 262-439-1894.
Teleflex is the home of Arrow®, Deknatel®, Hudson RCI®, LMA®, Pilling®, Rüsch®, UroLift® and Weck® - trusted brands united by a common sense of purpose.Teleflex, the Teleflex logo, Arrow, Deknatel, Hudson RCI, LMA, Pilling, Rüsch, UroLift and Weck are trademarks or registered trademarks of Teleflex Incorporated or its affiliates, in the U.S. and/or other countries.
© 2021Teleflex Incorporated. All rights reserved.
This job has expired.