Brigham and Women's Hospital International Patient Center (IPC) seeks a full-time or half time Primary Care Physician to join their practice at the Hospital campus. Brigham and Women's Hospital (BWH) is one of the top-ranked hospitals in the United States and is a major teaching affiliate of Harvard Medical School. At Brigham and Women's Hospital, our primary care physicians deliver exceptional care with both passion and purpose.
The International Patient Center (IPC) serves thousands of patients each year from more than 120 countries and provides a complete service for patients visiting the hospital from countries outside of the United States. The center staff includes physicians, advanced practice providers, administrators, interpreters and patient program managers, and all help coordinate the multiple aspects associated with each international patient's visit to the hospital.
Reports to: IPC Associate Medical Director
Hours/FTE: 1.0 FTE preferred 8 weekly sessions or 0.5 FTE with weekly sessions (half time to full-time position)
Location: BWH Main Campus
Language Skills: English + Arabic preferred
Primary Care Physician principle duties and responsibilities:
- Provides primary care management to Brigham and Dana Farber Cancer Institute (DFCI) international patients during their stay in Boston for specialty care
- Cares for a culturally diverse group of patients from around the world, largely a Middle Eastern Arabic speaking population
- Rounds on IPC inpatients on a periodic basis
- Coordinates care between multiple specialties across BWH and DFCI
- Partners with Associate Medical Director of Oncology as needed
- Communicates with patient's referring physicians from their home country, embassy medical coordinators, and other third parties on the status of the patient's treatment
- Serves as a clinical resource for all IPC staff in the triaging of new cases, patient issues and clinical documentation requests
- Participates in QA/QI reviews of international patient cases
- Conducts comprehensive "executive physical exams" for domestic and international patients according to pre-established guidelines
Skills / Abilities / Competencies Required:
- Massachusetts Licensed preferred
- Board-certified Internal Medicine physician in good standing
- Demonstrated customer service and team practice skills
- Minimum of 5 years of related practice experience preferred
- Proven customer service/excellent bedside manner
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently toward departmental and organizational goals
- Proven clinical skills
- Proficiency in Arabic language preferred
- Information Systems/Technology Skills: Proven competency in LMR/EPIC, desktop applications including e-mail and Patient Gateway, interfacing technology to produce consistent, complete patient reports across providers
Knowledge in all aspects of safety and ability to ensure a safe environment for patients and staff. Is knowledgeable and compliant in all hospital, State, and Federal regulatory requirements, including hospital policy and procedures (where applicable to the performance of the job), JCAHO), HIPAA, OSHA, etcQuality Assurance:
Ability to effectively participate in efficient, patient-oriented day-to-day operations, follow and maintain policies and procedures, suggest changes, as necessary, and function as part of a medical team; prepare an organized quarterly report of quality outcomes and lead discussion of a quality committeeQualifications We offer:
- Competitive salaries and benefit programs
- State-of-the-art EMR and enterprise data warehousing
- World-class integrated specialty network
- Professional development programs
- Piloting of innovative delivery models (virtual visits, etc.)
BWH Primary Care provides comprehensive adult medical care for over 200,000 patients across our sixteen primary care practices throughout the greater Boston area. Our facilities are modern and patient-centered, with high-caliber clinical and support staff teams. Our PCPs see a complete range of adult patients across all demographics and diseases and conditions. Our growing network of primary care practices in eastern Massachusetts is testimony to Brigham and Women's commitment to primary care as a critical component of managing populations, and our dedication to providing the best experience and health outcomes for our patients.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, pregnancy and pregnancy -related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pre-employment health and drug screening and annual compliance with the Influenza Vaccination PolicyFor an immediate reply, please forward CV to:
Senior Program Manager
Strategic Initiatives & Partnerships
Brigham and Women's Hospital
Brigham and Women's Physicians Organization/Harvard Medical School is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.