Iron Workers must have knowledge of rigging, and flame cutting. Must possess the ability to use pneumatic tools, have knowledge of safe loads, be familiar with basic hand signals, and have experience with sizing of chokers. Will need to have knowledge of basic steel erection. Be aware of fall protection and prevention safety measures.
Responsibilities may include:
- Erect and connect steel at and above grade elevations
- Practice proper rigging technique
- Use proper hand signals to flag cranes
- Assist other craft workers as needed
REPCON Required Qualifications:
Pass a REPCON Iron Worker Assessment
Pass a REPCON Basic Rigging Assessment, or NCCER certified.
Current Basic Orientation Plus (Safety Council card) or within 3 months expiration.
Current TWIC Card
Have three (3) or more years' experience in your craft.
Demonstrated industrial construction/maintenance work history and experience.
Fully comprehend and accurately interpret blueprints, construction drawings, technical manuals, and manufacturers' manuals and instructions.
Good problem-solving abilities and reading comprehension.
Ability to work with others and serve as a team player, while being able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Good communication skills (speaking and actively listening) with co-workers and supervisors.
- Significant and sustained periods of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting.
- Must have good manual dexterity to perform precision adjustments of machinery parts and controls.
- Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, and pull: objects, materials, controls and tools.
- May be required to lift, carry and move up to 50lbs.
- Will work at heights, climb ladders and stairways and work off of platforms. Will work at heights up to 300' utilizing proper fall protection.
- Will use vision abilities to focus, see short and long distances, colors, depth perception and peripheral vision.
- Must be capable of working outside in the elements including but not limited to the heat, cold, rain, snow and wind; and must be able to work for long period of times up to 12 hours a day.
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and steel-toe boots.