Areas of Accountability: The Manufacturing Applications (MFG) Business Analyst's (BA) role is to understand business processes and IT solutions to support and improve day-to-day manufacturing, inventory, purchasing, and shop floor activities. Ensure that end users understand and use applications to their full capabilities. Identify areas of improvement and work with business stakeholders to implement and understand suitable IT solutions. If the solution involves the development or modification of information systems, the MFG BA gathers, analyzes, and documents the business requirements and develops, maintains, and delivers corresponding user acceptance and training materials. This is a front-line, customer-facing role that requires a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and attention to detail. The role covers the following business functions:
- Capacity Requirements Planning (CRP)
- Distributed Requirements Planning (DRP)
- Materials Requirements Planning (MRP)
- Release Management
The MFG BA is responsible for Production Support and User Engagement, Requirements Gathering and Testing, and Training Development and Delivery as defined below.
Production Support and User Engagement:
- Provide front-line support for inventory, manufacturing, materials and purchasing functions.
- Implement hot production fixes along with technical team.
- Perform root cause analysis and document permanent fix for production issues.
- Leverage support incidents to educate users to become more self-sufficient.
- Coordinate production fix development and deployment.
- Advocate for business stakeholders. Analyze change requests and recommend appropriate actions.
- Work with Applications Manager to:
- Schedule and lead periodic sessions or workshops to review and discuss business initiatives, requirements, and developments.
- Liaison with stakeholders to ensure delivered solutions are configurable to meet cross-divisional requirements.
- Keep stakeholders up to date on implementation and upgrade schedules, patch deployment, and other new developments.
Requirements Gathering and Testing:
- Contribute to all aspects of requirements definition activities for SDLC projects.
- Understand business needs, and develop, present, and discuss IT solutions and scenarios that solve internal customers' business problems.
- Drive requirements from business stakeholders using techniques such as interviews, JAD sessions, surveys and/or other techniques to compile comprehensive solution requirements. Create detailed recommendations and specifications to support business process changes.
- Proactively communicate with design and development personnel work efforts to ensure understanding and adherence with customer requirements.
- Decompose, refine, and document requirements including Process Flow Diagrams and Functional Requirements Specifications.
- Develop test plans and assist the business with development of user acceptance criteria.
Training Development and Delivery:
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Develop and maintain end user training materials and job aides and lead end user training activities.
- Develop and maintain standard MFG training curriculum for end users and IT personnel.
- Introduces new products, functionality and upgrades to core team and end users.
- Coordinate site-specific and company-wide training workshops.
The MFG Business Analyst will be an experienced IT professional with proven subject-matter-expertise in QAD functional areas, as follows:
- Expert functional and industry knowledge in Manufacturing, Inventory & Shop Floor business processes
- 6+ years QAD end-user support and requirements analysis
- Experience translating Value Stream and Process Maps to QAD solutions
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Strong sense of urgency, ownership, and attention to detail with ability to champion critical business projects
- Ability to identify issues using root cause analysis methods (i.e., Global 8D)
- Demonstrated experience managing customer requirements and demands effectively, meeting deliverable dates, leading a work group(s), and driving process improvements
- Ability to interface with business and provide group and one-on-one support and training
- Prior manufacturing experience required, automotive and/or trucking industry experience desired
- QAD Manufacturing certification preferred
- Professional certification such as CPIM or CSCP (or in process)
- ITIL Foundation, Service Strategy and Service Design certifications preferredBachelor's degree in business or computer-related field
- Advanced degree in computer-related field or equivalent experience required
- 25% travel is required
Hendrickson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.