Job ID: 320662
CRH's Americas Materials, a division of CRH, is the leading vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, cement, asphalt, readymixed concrete and paving and construction services in North America. Our operations span North America with 24,100 employees at close to 1,300 locations in 44 US States and 6 Canadian provinces.
The IT Quality Assurance Senior Analyst will work directly with the Application Development, Data Services, and Frontline Application teams in a collaborative environment to make sure IT solutions are reliable, fully functional and user-friendly before they are released. They do this by applying proven analytical and problem-solving skills and careful testing to validate IT processes and reduce product defects. This position plays a critical role in making sure we maximize the benefit of business investments in IT initiatives.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Web Application, API, Reporting/BI, and Mobile testing
- Coordinate, Lead and Participate in the testing process including writing test plans and routines, managing the testing process, clearing solutions for release according to delivery specifications, ensuring optimal application performance, and automating test scripts.
- Communicates effectively with all project stakeholders.
- Communicate and interact with appropriate areas on problems, changes and enhancements that may impact data, workflow and /or functionality
- Collaborate with Business Users in defining success factors, test plans, and test cases for User Acceptance Testing while assisting Project Manager in effectively managing scope
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of quality assurance best practices.
- Proactively engages team members to build and foster relationships
- Maintain professional demeanor at all times while representing the company
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Management Information Systems, and/or 10+ years related work experience.
- 7+ years related experience with strong understanding of QA methodologies and software development lifecycles, with prior QA process improvement experience
- CSQE Certification preferred
- 3+ years of SQL experience preferred
- 2+ years of UIPath experience preferred (or other automation tool)
- Robust data analytics skillsets preferred
- Experience using Microsoft Azure DevOps
- Strong knowledge of system testing best practices and methodologies
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work independently within in a team environment and assist the team with other duties as required.
- Ability to travel required based on business needs up to 25%.
- Highly analytical and able to independently analyze test results and be confident making decision and recommendations
- Strong diagnostic and problem solving skills to help with root cause analysis during application verification and defect review
- Excellent SQL skills and the ability to join across SQL tables to create new queries
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Understanding of Agile Software Development Methodology.
- Knowledge of Project Management methodologies.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Project and Visio.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, manage simultaneous projects and shift priorities based on business needs. Work independently with users to define concepts and under direction of project managers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Demonstrate a hands-on, collaborative approach; works well in a team.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to communicate with others by telephone and in person.
- Able to utilize a computer for word processing, email communication, and preparation of documents and presentations.
- May require sitting for extended periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Usually, normal office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- The position may require work outside of normal business hours.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. What CRH Offers You
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Date Posted: Aug 16, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Atlanta Job Segment:
Quality Assurance, Information Systems, Computer Science, SQL, Database, Technology
This job has expired.