Why Work For Connected Customer and Mobility Solutions:
We do cool stuff. We are passionate about building high quality systems that solve complex problems on a massive scale. We develop in an Agile/SAFe environment. Our team is inclusive, made up of bright software engineers who enjoy working together to develop innovative software solutions in an environment where individual differences and unique perspectives are embraced. Our business is fast paced and ever changing to get new features and capabilities to market, while conforming to global regulations. Applications are developed on back office micro-services, mobile, web, in-vehicle customer platforms, and WebLogic. We leverage GM's private Pivotal Cloud Foundry, J2EE and Big Data backend services, allowing opportunities to work in numerous technologies on applications achieving continuous availability. We are leveraging technology enabling a new generation of connected vehicles worldwide. We have call centers located in multiple countries around the world, backed by two world class data centers. Our technology is a key enabler to things like smarter car sharing programs, driver customization opportunities, advanced active safety systems, super cruise and autonomous driving. These capabilities exist through the largest implementation of 4G LTE in the automotive industry which enables the capture of massive amount of vehicle data to our Big Data platform. Our connected vehicles send thousands of data elements requiring an architecture that can support over 1 million vehicle transactions per hour with sub-second response times. Our innovation teams are driving game changing features to the consumer and the automotive industry. We don't expect candidates to understand all of these technologies. Individual teams focus on a smaller set of technologies. Our organization uses a lot of technologies, affording employees the opportunities to learn new skills and technologies.
About the Java Developer position
The Java Developer role will involve close interaction with the Systems Architect, Development Team Leaders, business team members and other members of the development team and will demand a high level of design and coding to implement and deliver enhancements. There will be ample opportunities to quickly expand on your technical experience, with plenty of business exposure. This role requires a foundation in J2EE with SQL experience. Java Developers provide leadership and technical expertise to enable multi-layered solution architectures that comprehend and specify business, application, data and infrastructure designs. The ideal candidate for this role will possess a passion for technology and a desire to have exposure to and learn more about the Global Connected Consumer.
Applicants must have strong core Java skills gained in a business environment along with the following technical skills and experience:
Additional Job DescriptionMinimum Qualifications for Java Developer:
- 3+ years' experience delivering Java / JEE Business Solutions
- 3+ years' experience of the full software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- 3+ years' experience SQL/Oracle
- 3+ years' experience with OO analysis and design experience
- Proficiency with Microservices, Pivotal Cloud Foundry,Spark, Kubernetes, Akka, Pulsar, RabbitMQ, Cassandra, Redis, Bitbucket and Maven
- Proficiency with Agile Dev Techniques (including TDD, JUnit, Mocks)
- Proficiency with SQL, Hibernate, Web Services (REST and/or SOAP)
- Ability to clearly communicate with peers, business analysts, and subject matter experts
- Ability to function with new technologies
- 4-year College degree preferably in computer science, Computer or Electrical engineering, information systems, mathematics, data analytics or statistics or equivalent experience
- Typical: At least 3+ years relevant experience in the business environment
- Experience with Agile teams that have regularly delivered software while practicing code review
- Over 3 years of software development experience in Java services
- Creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components in frontend and backend work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to effectively communicate and translate feedback, needs and solutions
- Creative problem-solving skills that deliver elegant solutions to complex issues
- 3+ years' experience with monitoring tools and event processing from incident alerts from monitoringtools.SiteScopeand HP EnterpriseOperations BridgeManager is a plus.
- 2+years' experienceLinux/Unix shell scripting and/or Python.
- 2+ years' experience creating and running JUnit Tests
- 1+ year experience with the ELK stack and dashboarding within Kibana.
- Working knowledgewith WebLogic Scripting Tool (WLST).
- Working knowledge of source control software (SVN, Git or TFS).
- Working knowledge with CI/CD Technologies / Best Practices (Artifactory, Black Duck, Chef, CARA, SonarQube and Jenkins, Build pipelines,GitFlow,etc.)
- Experiencewith Groovy, KubernetesorDockercontainersisa plus
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.