Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you've come to the right place!
Watch our video here
This position is responsible for working effectively with supervisors and peers in locating, investigating, and cleaning for the successful rehabilitation and repair of various sewer and stormwater lines.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Work successfully with supervisors and peers on various water and sewer rehabilitation and repair projects.
- Direct equipment with alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery to conform to location needs.
- Assist in initial setup and cleanup of job sites, including lifting, carrying, and pulling items 50+lbs in weight.
- Review entry and work permits; and assists in the review of pre and post-installation videos.
- Enter manhole/confined space.
- Perform job site setup and cleanup.
- Haul equipment and crew members by driving various vehicles.
- Complete driver's daily record of duty.
- Submit work orders for vehicle and equipment maintenance, as needed.
- Continuously monitor for Safety hazards, and report any safety issues to the supervisor
- Other tasks, as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalency.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- 2+ years in pipeline rehabilitation industry and working knowledge of both water and steam curing.
- CDL with acceptable driving record.
- Safety Certifications for Confined Space, Competent Person, 10 and/or 30 hour OSHA, as well as those related to traffic control, as required.
- Must successfully pass a drug test, as well as driver's license check for past 2 years without any suspensions or major traffic violations
- Must be able to lift, carry, and haul up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to travel is required, as much as 90% if needed
- Must be able to effectively work in confined spaces.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Subject to outside working conditions. At times will be working around large construction equipment, must be safety conscience.Additional Requirements/Skills
About Granite Construction Incorporated
- Team player
- Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment
- Ability and willingness to abide by Granite's Code of Conduct on a daily basis
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please clickhere.Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening.Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place.
Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.
This job has expired.