Provides maintenance in acquired trade to plant operations. Plans the details and working procedures by determining replacement needs or new materials are required, and develops a logical approach to correct the problem. Performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of working trade. Fabricates parts if not commercially available, using machines and hand tools common to the trade. Advises and cautions operators, tradesmen and supervisors about potential problems, recurring failures, and inherent dangers involved. Takes corrective action to eliminate or reduce safety impact of potential issues identified. May oversee apprentices. Be able to give directions and assistance when needed. Works with plant engineering and project engineers on evaluating, assisting, checking, and installation of various equipment.
Dow does not offer relocation if the position is offered to someone who lives outside the area or reimbursement for travel to and from interviews. If you consider a position that is not within the area you reside you will be responsible for all cost that incur.
* Instrumentation Journeyman card is required.
* Must be 18 years old or older.
* Must be willing to work weekends, and holidays, if required.
* Must be willing to work overtime (extra hours beyond your regular scheduled) if required.
* Must be able to work a 4-10 schedule (4 days per week at 10 hours per day) and/or 5-8's (5 days a week at 8 hours a day) with occasional overtime as dictated by business needs. Participates in an after hour call rotation for night and weekend coverage.
* Current, valid US driver's license.
* A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process
* NCCER certified in Instrumentation type craft (NCCER Certification obtained through an Instructor Led Training Program is a preference).
* Procedure use - this includes field use, review, revise, and development of procedures.
* Proficiency in Microsoft applications, such as Word and Excel, and have the ability to learn new systems quickly.
* Be competent in the use of the maintenance tools to include measuring tools such as inside/outside micrometers, depth gauges, etc., for shaft to shaft alignment.
* Ability to work in a safe manner. Safety is a top priority at Dow. Every individual at Dow is expected to make safety a priority.
* Strong troubleshooting skills.
* Strong written, verbal communication, reading, listening, and comprehension skills.
* Able to communicate with a very diverse population which is spread across the site.
* Strong multi-tasking and time management skills.
* Demonstrate leadership skills - inspire others and lead them through influence.
* A self-starter who is self-motivated and can identify, prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks.
* Able to work with independently with minimal supervision within an empowered team environment.
* Strong work ethic.
* Utilize functional, technical knowledge, company standards and educational background or experience to analyze and solve problems.
* Effectively work and maintain relationships with the Natural Work Teams and key stakeholders with diverse perspectives and background is essential including Engineers, Operations personnel, and co-workers to identify and resolve technical issues
Must be willing and able to do the following with or without a reasonable accommodation.
* Wear safety equipment, such as earplugs, goggles, and steel-toed shoes
* Perform frequent bending, reaching, and lifting.
* Climb stairs/ladders and work high off the ground.
* Stand or walk for extended periods of time.
* Our safety equipment has weight restrictions. To qualify, you must be able to use standard safety equipment which is rated for someone who weighs 300 pounds or less.
* A minimum of a High School diploma or GED is required
This role will have an assessment to complete during the application process. Please allow 30 minutes - 1 hour to complete the assessment at the time of application. You will not be able to save your application for later.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve profitable growth. The Company's ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company, with a purpose to deliver a sustainable future for the world through our materials science expertise and collaboration with our partners. Dow's portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer care. Dow operates 106 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $39 billion in 2020. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us or you may call us at 1-800-523-3945.