At Advantage Metals Recycling (AMR) the opportunity is YOURS! We have achieved years of success by giving our teammates the tools they need to do the best job. Do you have what it takes to help shape the future? Working at AMR is definitely for you if:
- You want a career and not just a job
- You want to work for an awesome company where you can make a difference
- You have a positive, can-do attitude
- You are motivated and take initiative
We are committed to building great teams, offering competitive compensation, and allowing for a healthy work-life balance, because our teammates are our most valuable asset. Whether you work in a recycling facility or at our corporate headquarters, AMR is a place where you can come for a job, but stay for a career.
AMR operates recycling facilities in Kansas and Missouri. Our processing capabilities include an automobile shredder, balers, shears, mobile shearing, torch processing, auto crushers, and extensive transportation services. AMR is a proud part of Nucor Corporation and wholly owned subsidiary of The David J Joseph family of companies and has a well-earned reputation for safety, integrity and innovation. We are recognized as good community citizens who are trustworthy, financially strong and environmentally proactive.Responsibilities
AMR is looking for a motivated candidate for our Kiosk Operator
position in our Topeka yard. Responsibilities include:
- Buying of non-ferrous metals from the public, properly identifying material into the appropriate type or grade
- Ensure compliance with applicable state law and company policy while providing excellent customer service to the retail public
- Greet and assist retail customers in purchasing non-ferrous scrap metal creating a positive customer experience
- Accurately identify the various non-ferrous scrap materials and grade accordingly Understand the different pricing of materials
- Validate proper identification and paperwork from retail customers
- Conduct monthly retail inventory
- Identify non-conforming or unacceptable types of scrap material
- Follow and enforce all buying procedures and best practices to ensure compliance with local and state laws as well as Company policy
- Operate small material handling equipment as necessary to move materials for processing
- Clean and maintain work area
- All other tasks as assigned
- High school diploma or GED required
- Previous experience requiring customer service to public, vendors or internal contacts
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills Strong organizational skills with attention to details
- Ability to be flexible and display a positive attitude in a fast-paced environment
- Willing to work Monday to Friday and Saturdays as required
- Willing to work outside in all weather conditions Basic math and computer skills
- Must wear all necessary PPE while working or while in the yard.
- Follows company safety standards at all times
- Knowledge of scrap materials a plus
- The right candidate must be able to effectively interact with customers and vendors
- Willing to learn, be adaptable and be self-motivated
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package including paid training, bonus program, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage, vacation, paid holidays, a 401(k) plan with match, tuition reimbursement and other great benefits.EEO Statement
Advantage Metals Recycling (AMR) is a drug-free workplace and conducts pre-employment testing as a condition of employment.AMR is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, lactation/breastfeeding, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. AMR hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.
AMR reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and teammates.AMR also provides a work environment in which each teammate is able to be productive and work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all teammates in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all teammates and applicants.
E-Verify Information | E-Verify Notice
This job has expired.