Job ID: 395842
Ash Grove Cement, a CRH company, provides portland and masonry cements to help build the foundation and infrastructure for the world around us. We ship millions of tons of cement from our plants and network of terminals located across North America. When you work for Ash Grove, you are connecting to something bigger. Join our team and help Ash Grove build America.
Perform physical labor tasks, including plant cleaning and labor support to other plant departments as directed by the labor supervisor. May operate a variety of hand and power tools; and mobile equipment. May clean and prepare work areas; clean up rubble and debris and remove waste materials. may assist other workers. Probability of working off shift. This position starts at $23.01 with the potential to increase to an hourly rate of $28.43 after successful completion of the probationary period (typically 90 days).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Clean the plant of materials or process spills - using brooms, shovels, and wheelbarrows that may weigh 200 pounds full; carry buckets that weigh as much as 50 pounds full; pneumatic scrapers that weigh approximately 20 pounds; air lances 3/4 inch in diameter to 3 feet to 10 feet long, that weigh approximately 10 pounds.
- Remove cement build-up from equipment by use of hammers and mallets that weigh between 1 and 10 pounds.
- Run mobile equipment in the plant: loader, bobcat, forklift, man lift, and dump truck.
- Clean the plant by using a high-pressure fire hose that weighs approximately 100 pounds and exerts approximately 100 pounds of thrust when in use.
- Performs relief, fills other positions as needed performs other duties as assigned by Yard Supervisor or Production Manager. (as needed)
- Observes all safety rules and keeps work areas clean. (continuous)
- Ability to safely and effectively use and operate a shovel, broom, loader, motorized sweeper, forklift, water hose, air hose, sledgehammer, and air lance in performing job duties.
- Ability to learn and navigate cement plant computer software
- Ability to effectively communicate with cement customers
- Strong mechanical aptitude including steel fabrication and repairs
- Knowledge of the cement industry a plus
- Ability to read and understand warning labels, instructions, and signs.
- Ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities and must meet the qualifications required for this position.
- Ability to effectively multi-task in a stressful, deadline-driven, fast-paced professional environment.
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Good attitude and willingness to learn.
High School graduate or GEDEXPERIENCE
1-year related experience and /or training; or equivalent combination of education, skills, abilities, and experience. WORKING CONDITIONS
- Exposure to dust, loud noise, heat, dirt, high elevations of up to 150 feet, and all weather conditions.
- The normal operation of mobile equipment may result in jarring and vibratory exposure.
- Work involves walking over rough surfaces, climbing 30-foot ladders, climbing stairs, bending pushing, pulling, work at heights up to 250 feed; working in an awkward position and in confined spaces, and lifting materials weighing up to 125 pounds.
- Potential Overtime available
Ash Grove Cement provides employment opportunities for growth into heavy equipment operators, maintenance and electrical professionals, quality, skilled craft professionals, and more! Ash Grove Cement's hourly wages range up to $35.69 per hour depending on the job!
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, creed, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, military status, disability, pregnancy, or another legally protected status. Equal access to programs and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodations to the application and interview process should notify a company representative.What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Ash Grove Cement, a CRH company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Apr 14, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Omaha Nearest Secondary Market:
Council Bluffs Job Segment:
Laborer, Electrical, General Labor, Labor, Fabrication, Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations
This job has expired.