GPI Geospatial offers excellent benefits, including a 401(k) plan, ESOP, medical/dental/vision plans, and vacation/sick/personal time, and more. GPI Geospatial is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
GPI Geospatial is seeking a Survey Manager to join our team in the Charlotte, NC area. You will manage the land survey operations and oversee the survey work performed in the Charlotte region. This is a great opportunity for a survey manager who enjoys managing and motivating survey staff, cultivating client relationships, and ensuring quality survey projects are delivered.
Do you value a company that puts employee satisfaction and diversity at the forefront of who they are? If so, GPI Geospatial wants you!
GPI Geospatial is a premier mapping firm for Transportation, Energy, Planning, Design, Construction, and Land Development throughout North America. Our vision is to be the most trusted provider of precision mapping, imagery, LiDAR, and land surveying services. We are part of GPI, a multi-discipline engineering firm providing planning, design, and construction services for transportation infrastructure and building system projects throughout the United States for over 50 years. Ranked in the Top 100 Firms by Engineering News-Record, GPI is a forward-thinking, innovative firm with a culture that is committed to excellence and fosters staff empowerment. For more information visit: www.gpinet.com
- Perform business development activities, proposal preparation, project management, and final quality control for all surveying
- Manage surveying department staff
- Responsible for survey calculations, analysis and final map checking, review of title data, record drawings research, and client relations
- Monitor projects from initiation through delivery, while interfacing with clients and staff
- Write descriptions for property boundary survey use in deeds, leases, or other legal documents
- Work within the project scopes and budgets, and manage deadlines while prioritizing assignments
- Collaborate with project team members, including other licensed surveyors, engineers, and technical and survey staff
- Verify the accuracy of field survey data, including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites
Requirements MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- 10+ years of relevant land survey experience, including field staff management
- Professional survey licensure required, NC and/or SC licensure preferred
- In-depth knowledge of surveying principles, regulations, techniques, and procedures
- Expertise with all phases of the survey including boundaries, topographic, platting, construction stakeout, etc.
- Working knowledge of Carlson and Civil 3-D
- Demonstrate complete understanding of project requirements from inception to completion
- Maintain a valid driver's license with a clean motor vehicle report (MVR) for final consideration
- Read, write, and understand plans and directions given in the English language
- Basic computer skills with the ability to create and edit Microsoft Word and Excel documents, create Outlook emails, and utilize SharePoint and Microsoft Teams to communicate with other team members
- Able to stand for approximately 3 hours minimum a day up to 8 hours
- Able to traverse a construction job site consisting of uneven ground varying in height and consistency of material, with a variation of elevation 19\" or less (mud, gravel, rutted ground, etc.)
- Able to wear GPI required PPE, i.e., hard hats, safety vest, work boots, and/or safety glasses/goggles while working
- Able to move equipment or inspection specimens weighing up to 50 pounds