Do you want to be part of a business that genuinely values entrepreneurialism, innovation and individual accountability? We focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our technology makes. We partner with some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and our technical innovations are used to enhance well-known brands across multiple industries.
Red Lion Controls, an operating company of Spectris, is undergoing a period of significant change and growth. With strategic plans to grow over the next several years through both organic and inorganic growth, the talent acquisition needs of the organization have increased significantly. As the organization grows, Red Lion will need to become more strategic in its staffing and talent development efforts. A talent professional with the right energy, drive and communication skills can have a significant and measurable impact on financial results and talent outcomes.
Reporting to the Vice President of Human Resources, the global Lead Recruiter will help Red Lion use proactive tools to recruit employees across the entire career spectrum and, in partnership with the Marketing team, to establish Red Lion's employment brand globally. While managing a cradle-to-grave recruiting process is the primary scope of the position, it is anticipated the successful candidate will have an opportunity to participate in development and/or facilitation of key talent management initiatives both within the corporate environment as well as in support of our production facility.
In addition to continuing to reduce the reliance on external recruiters, the Lead Recruiter will continue to work with the VP, HR in driving / evaluating current practices around requisition management, tracking, metrics / analytics and selection methodologies or tools. A strong client orientation and ability to establish business partnerships is critical for success.
Red Lion's global HR leader continues to promote an increased sense of urgency in talent acquisition, employee engagement and international growth. Therefore, the opportunity for the HR team to be a key component of positive change and growth within the organization is exciting and career building.
The role does have a direct report that is focused on direct, production hiring.
Key Job Requirements
Key Attributes / Behaviors
- Provide direct, proactive full life cycle recruitment activities to significantly reduce the reliance on external agencies, particularly within the salaried ranks
- Evaluation of and continuous improvement of talent acquisition process; communication to broader organization
- Establish business partnerships with hiring managers to clearly understand hiring needs, create detailed job specifications and determine recruitment strategies to quickly and efficiently fill roles
- Develop increased credibility and consistency for talent acquisition through delivering effective and economic results
- Use of online tools and social media including LinkedIn Recruiter, ZipRecruiter and various job boards, etc. to proactively recruit passive candidates
- Utilizing Red Lion's Workday ATS, manage and improve the requisition approval and tracking process enabling clear and readily available updates on recruitment progress
- Ensure positions are posted internally throughout Red Lion Controls to support career development across the organization
- Manage recruitment relationships - both internal to Red Lion / Spectris and with select external agencies - for global positions (EMEA, SAARC, A/P)
- Determine need to bring in and manage contract recruiter(s) to help with any hiring surge
- Use and promotion of evaluation tools to help identify the best fit for positions (we currently use Predictive Index). Use of tools will expand to development of current employees and teams; the Talent Acquisition Manager will have the opportunity to participate in these development actions
- Training hiring managers on proper interview techniques, inclusive of legal guidelines. Take necessary steps to ensure a positive candidate experience
- Conduct regular updates on recruitment progress along with debriefs following candidate interviews
- Partner with local HR / admin support to schedule interviews, conduct background checks, onboarding activities, etc.
- Utilize metrics to create accurate reporting and identify areas of improvement
- Keep abreast of compensation trends and market data to better recommend candidate offers and to improve offer closing rate
- While the initial focus of this role will be talent acquisition, once requisitions reach a manageable level, this position will be tasked with driving employee development activities, evaluation of training needs and implementation of actions to address
- Use of social media to drive an improved employment branding of Red Lion
- Ensure compliance on talent acquisition process and practices including awareness around diversity and inclusion, cultural norms and local regulations
- Partnering with other Spectris operating companies on university relations recruiting initiatives, key external partnerships and as appropriate, talent development initiatives
- Strong recruiting experience across lifecycle; prefer ~5-6+ years' + experience
- Experience with or strong comfort with implementing a formal talent acquisition function within a broader HR department
- Ability to help establish consistent and repeatable processes where none has existed previously
- Demonstrated ability to utilize recruitment tools to proactively build talent pipeline
- Knowledge and previous experience with on-campus, university recruiting
- Experience in input, influence and delivery of broad talent management initiatives
- Bachelor's degree required in human resources or related discipline
- Excellent communication, organization, facilitation and influencing skills
- Experience in managing a global recruitment process (significant focus on international growth thus roles will be located in nearly every region)
- Ability to leverage existing HRIS and recruiting systems (Workday, LinkedIn, etc.)
Endorse, support and model the Company's core values of:Success Measurement Factors
- Continued significant reduction in external recruiting fees
- Quickly establishing business credibility through clear, consistent and accurate communication on requisition progress
- Metrics establishment with reduction in time to fill positions - a sense of urgency is a critical behavior trait for the successful candidate
Red Lion Controls provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Red Lion Controls complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This job has expired.