Welbilt - Delfield Mt Pleasant is now hiring Learners at its operation in Mount Pleasant, MI facility. The Learner position will assist the Manufacturing team in producing leading commercial foodservice equipment brands such as Delfield, Merco, and Multiplex. This person will perform multiple functions in the plant. Duties may include tig and arc welding, metal fabrication, refrigeration, electrical wiring, and various assembly tasks.
Employees with experience are preferred, but we will consider applicants who require training.
If you're up to the challenge, the reward is satisfaction . . . and knowing you helped build something real. Join our passionate team and help build something you can be proud of -a future filled with passion, pride, and satisfaction.
Essential Job Functions:
Employees must have the ability to work a regular and predictable schedule, including overtime.
• Possess the ability to perform various roles in the manufacturing process, including welding, assembling, fabrication, refrigeration, and electrical wiring.
• Extensive standing and walking required.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to work either day or night shift is required.
• Overtime is required as needed.
Qualifications - External
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds required.
• Mechanical ability preferred but not required.
• Must be able to read and comprehend prints, work instructions, and other documents.
• Must be flexible with shift assignment (night shift/day shift) given 5 days' notice.
• Applicants must be age 18 or older.
• Candidates with EPA Refrigeration certification, completion of a TIG welding training course or 2 months' employment performing TIG welding, and/or Electrical training and/or experience are preferred.
Welbilt - Mt. Pleasant, Michigan manufactures world class product brands such as Delfield®, Merco®, and Multiplex®. Products include frozen beverage dispensing equipment, hot-holding units, prep tables, worktop refrigeration, refrigerated equipment stands, mobile serving lines, and custom refrigeration. The facility in Mt. Pleasant is a division of Welbilt.