Job Description - Life Actuarial Data Engineer (Hybrid)
The US Life Actuarial Practice at Oliver Wyman is growing its expertise in the data and technology space. We are seeking individuals to support modernization of actuarial data and analytical processes and data science initiatives.
You will work alongside Oliver Wyman's industry leaders as part of dynamic client services teams, and you will be expected to contribute to a broad range of client projects, including advising clients with end-to-end data solution architecture, documenting detailed requirements, and implementing solutions in the technology of choice.
Deployment and Reporting
Data: Designing required infrastructure (e.g. data models) for greater scalability, optimal extraction and transformation of data
Cloud: Use AWS and Azure - PaaS services (e.g. Databricks, SageMaker, Glue, Data Factory, PowerApps) to implement controlled actuarial data pipelines and processes
Workflows: Rationalize and engineer future state data workflows, including key controls, error handling, data governance, and automation of manual processes
Qualifications and Desired Skills:
Deployment: Deploying actuarial processes and predictive models into production environments using tools for version control (e.g. GIT), configuring data and managing computing resources
Reporting: Use visualization tools to create self-service dashboards tools and apply principles including visual data discovery
Locations - Offices/Regions available, including many others; Atlanta, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Hartford, Kansas City, New York, Seattle and Toronto.Company OverviewOliver Wyman
- Minimum three years of experience in data and technology space with one to two years' experience in designing and implementing modern data solutions within cloud architecture in either AWS or Azure ecosystem
- Minimum two years of professional experience with programming languages such as Python, R, or Spark using version control / GIT. Python experience preferred.
- Prior experience with writing code for querying data using SQL, NoSQL, etc.
- Ability to design the analytical future state, including data access from data warehouses, fact and dimension data models, and visualization tool selection. This includes understanding data user personas and their usage of the toolset
- Experience with architecting end to end system design and data warehouse modeling
- Track record of rapid learning, high performance, and professional growth
- Certifications as AWS developer or architect; Microsoft Azure is a plus.
is a global leader in management consulting and actuarial services. With offices in 60 cities across 29 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. The firm has more than 5,000 professionals around the world who work with clients to optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Oliver Wyman is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh McLennan [NYSE: MMC]. Twitter @OliverWyman.Oliver Wyman
provides customized actuarial services and strategic insight, supporting clients as they strive to exceed their business objectives. Our exceptional client and employee retention exemplify our commitment to relationships built on trust, responsiveness, and clear communication.
The US Life Actuarial Practice
of Oliver Wyman
works with organizations to manage their insurance risks using advanced actuarial and modeling techniques and has over 150 employees across 10 offices in North America. Oliver Wyman is recognized by Fortune as one of the 100 Best Companies to work for in 2019.
Oliver Wyman provides a competitive compensation and benefits package. Explore all the benefits offered at US Benefits| Marsh McLennan.
Oliver Wyman is committed to the principles for equal employment opportunity and complies with all relevant federal, state, and local laws.
Marsh McLennan and its Affiliates are EOEMinority/Female/Disability/Vet/SexualOrientation/Gender Identity employers.
This job has expired.