Logistics Manager is responsible for overall profitability of the department and its associates through managing all processes and procedures associated with timely delivery of goods for the entire operation.
Decision Making Authority
- Organizes and schedules shipments across all modes including domestic and international.
- Manages the TMS, I.e., carrier contract upload, freight tendering, and route guide management.
- Manages freight pay resolution with 3rd Party Payment Provider
- Generates and Maintains Inventory Reports
- Builds intercompany STO (stock transfer) shipments.
- Manages customer compliance policies and implements procedures to ensure standards are met and up to date.
- Works closely with Production Tollers, ensuring on time manufacturing and materials shipped as scheduled.
- Makes final department decisions with the best interest of the customer in mind.
- Ensures that the highest level of customer service is maintained by making informed decisions and managing the department wisely.
- Implements corporate and departmental policies, procedures, and service standards in conjunction with management.
- Develop and monitor FY business plans and budgets for distribution.
- Negotiate individually and/or collaboratively across sister companies on carrier contracts.
Goal setting for business needs employee scheduling, customer/vendor changes. Process changes for continuous improvement. Internal training opportunities for employee/job improvement. Changes to shipping/receiving process schedule to meet/match production/customer needs. Managing transportation providers and associated costs and contracts. Managing freight payment provider and transportation management software. Overseeing IT changes for label compliance, WMS, TMS, and freight payment provider enhancements and upgrades. Requirements:
Attributes for Success:
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain, Logistics or Operations Management
- 5-10 years of experience in greater roles of responsibility
- Background in S&OP, supply chain, transportation, or distribution management
- Fluency in Excel and database management
- Previous supervisory experience a plus
- TMS software
- SAP experience a plus
- Contract negotiation a plus
- Excellent planning and organizational skills exhibited under tight deadlines with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Desire for continued learning and personal development
- Knack for problem solving.
- Excellent ability to develop relationships across functions.
DAP is a market leading manufacturer, innovator and marketer of home repair and construction products including caulks, sealants, spray foam insulation, adhesives, and patch and repair products. DAP is part of RPM International Inc., a $6.1 billion, multinational company with subsidiaries that are world leaders in specialty coatings, sealants, building materials and related services.
You will find DAP products in the hands of professional painters, remodelers, builders, and do-it-yourselfers, and in 60,000 retail outlets, ranging from home centers and mass merchandisers to your local hardware, pro contractor channels and paint stores. DAP's eight manufacturing and distribution facilities in the United States of America and Canada service North America and the world.
At DAP, we hire the best people and give them a collaborative and rewarding work environment that empowers them to succeed! We support associates in continuous professional growth and collaborate on the steps it takes to get to the next level in their careers. Our associates enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including 401(k) with company match, pension, paid parental leave, competitive health insurance rates, employee stock purchase plan, tuition reimbursement, free wellness programs and more! Learn more about DAP's history, culture and benefits at www.dap.com/careers/ DAP - On the job since 1865.
This job has expired.