CNH Industrial is a global leader in industrial goods. We provide farmers with cutting-edge technologies to help them feed a growing world population and we assist in building and rebuilding cities and infrastructures, all with future-proof powertrain solutions. With our Case IH, New Holland Agriculture, Case and New Holland Construction, and FPT Industrial brands, and comprehensive solutions for financing and aftermarket services, we're driven to meet the needs of our customers.
We are looking for a highly skilled and energetic person to play a key role in improving and
supporting our perception systems for highly automated and autonomous agriculture & construction equipment. You will be joining a research and engineering team to provide critical skills and thinking in improving existing systems and developing new concepts pushing technology forward within the organization. We provide a high degree of autonomy and you will have the opportunity to influence the development of our products and solutions.
This Machine Learning Data Engineer will take responsibility for tasks covering the front portions of the machine learning workflow including: data collection, data ingestion, data pre-processing and validity checking, data storage & access, and data annotation methodologies & techniques. They will be part of a cross-functional team involved in the design and development of tools, processes and infrastructure supporting this. They will work closely with other engineers and scientists applying machine learning to our products and solutions. The role will include work in the following areas:
- Lead work in the development and deployment of data collection systems to support the construction of machine learning training and validation data sets.
- Work with product validation teams to support deployment of machine learning data collection systems on test equipment working in the field.
- Architect and develop data ingestion and processing methods and infrastructure, supporting the front end of the machine learning workflow.
- Work with the sensing & perception teams to understand how to include data from state-of-the-art sensing technologies (cameras, radar, LiDAR, etc.) into the machine learning workflow.
- Actively help support internal and external work on annotating machine learning data.
- Actively participate in the CNHi AI/ML development community sharing your knowledge and experience and bring AI/ML knowledge from other CNH Industrial teams into the Autonomous Technologies group.
- Work as part of a larger development team developing technologies for autonomous off-road equipment.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Engineering, with focus on instrumentation/data collection, data ingestion/processing and/or machine learning
- 2+ years experience working with data collection systems
- 1+ years working with metadata, and more specifically how it is used in the machine learning workflow
- Masters or Doctorate degree in Computer Science or Engineering, with focus on instrumentation/data collection, data ingestion/processing and/or machine learning
- 2+ years working in support of machine learning in developing machine learning systems, with extensive experience on deep learning systems
- Experience working to setup and utilize corporate cloud computing services (e.g. Azure, AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Experience working with Big Data tools and programing database (e.g. SQL, Apache, etc.) systems
- Experience working with High-Performance Computing (HPC) systems and enterprise network design
- A working knowledge of vehicle network communication protocols (CAN, LIN, ISOBUS, BroadR-Reach, etc.)
- Experience working with agriculture and/or construction equipment in the field
- Competent in programming languages, for example C/C++,Python, SQL, Java, R, etc.
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Excellent communication and team work skills
- Passionate about tackling and solving challenging problems
- Familiar with the basic methods and practices for data annotation from state-of-the-art sensor technologies
- Experience working in the agricultural and/or construction industry
US applicants: CNH Industrial is an equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Applicants can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster and its supplement here
. CNH Industrial participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. You can view additional information here.
If you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 1-800-889-4422 option 1 and then option 5, or contact us at email@example.com.
Read about our company's commitment to pay transparency by clicking this link: pay transparency notice
Canada applicants: CNH Industrial is an equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, nationality, place of origin, disability, marital status, family status, age, or any other ground prohibited by applicable provincial human rights legislation.